Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old February 2, 2011, 10:25 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 8,038

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Easy to miss, you should really put some space between the pictures and text However, it looks good. Don't most people just lower that middle plate when they shove an SR2 into an 800D?
Thanks. I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved. Well I hope anyways as I plan on moving my other SR-2 to a 700D/800D as soon as I can grab one for a decent price.
__________________
Mael
Big Lian Li
Forever Alone
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old February 3, 2011, 07:59 AM
stoanee's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Lacombe Alberta
Posts: 3,253

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Nicely done Sir.

Now that you've got this one done your next SR-2 build should be alot easier...
My wife will probably smother me in my sleep with a pillow if I buy another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Did you tap new screw holes in the motherboard tray or just use the stick on ones the SR-2 comes with?
Tapped new ones. You gotta be deadly accurate or they won't line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Easy to miss, you should really put some space between the pictures and text However, it looks good. Don't most people just lower that middle plate when they shove an SR2 into an 800D?
The mid plate is really built into the case. It would be a total PITA to move it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved.
Gotta make sure your I/O opening lines up, and..............I'm cheap....
__________________
heatware
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old February 3, 2011, 08:56 AM
Fudd Rucker's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SSM Ont
Posts: 950

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Thanks. I think when most people throw an SR-2 in an 700D/800D they cut out the stock motherboard tray and use a Mountain Mods one. You just install the tray a bit higher up, that way the midplate shouldn't need to be moved. Well I hope anyways as I plan on moving my other SR-2 to a 700D/800D as soon as I can grab one for a decent price.
got one for 229.99 from canada computers today. Should have it monday.
__________________
I couldnt think of something snarky or interesting to put here this time around.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
800D Madmike2010 Cases 4 September 21, 2010 08:17 AM
Looking for the Corsair 800D MrDiaz Cases 2 April 1, 2010 03:34 PM
Project: 800D enaberif Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 20 March 9, 2010 12:06 PM
PC: 800D BobbyLou Off Topic 3 March 4, 2010 05:41 PM
800d or 3xSSD's kyle_L Off Topic 10 December 28, 2009 06:55 PM