Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2011, 01:23 PM
Rookie

Default MY FIRST!! \o/

Now I realize that its not as insane as some of the other systems posted here and theres nothing custom about it but this is the first time in my 5 years of interest in computers that I am FINALLY able to build something the way I want it, for myself :) The past 5 years have been scraping together frankenstein systems from towers destined for the recycle truck so this is a big moment for me lol The last of the parts arrive tomorrow and of course sometime in the near future im going to have to send the board back (Thanks Intel) but at least ill have a few months of happiness

Intel 2500K
Asus P8P67
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4) Kit
Corsair HX650W
XFX HD6950
Corsair Force 120GB SSD
Western Digital Black 1TB
4x 140mm fans
Corsair H70 CPU Cooler
2 LG Optical Drives
CM690 II advanced with the Windows Sidepanel.

Work will officially begin tomorrow when the cooler arrives. Side panel should be here sometime this week as well. I already have the PSU and Optical drives in unfortunately but other than that I cant wait to start the rest of the build tomorrow night. :)
Old February 2, 2011, 01:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hope you got that SSD and HDD on SATA3 port due to the newest intel recall/issues with SATA2 channel
Old February 2, 2011, 01:34 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Some guy with a mustache told me a conspiracy theory about how intel is halting 1155 sales to clear their backlog of 1156 and 1366, as nobody other than intel's lab has been able to reproduce this chipset fault.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:39 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
Some guy with a mustache told me a conspiracy theory about how intel is halting 1155 sales to clear their backlog of 1156 and 1366, as nobody other than intel's lab has been able to reproduce this chipset fault.

Itís getting really ridiculous
Old February 2, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Who's mother told this to you? It could be true but would intel being dumb enough to spend so much for it. Also, they pulled back the 1156 release for the same reason with 775. I don't think they are idiot enough to do the same mistake 2 time back to back.

@ OP. That's a nice build you have here! I hope you will post some pic and enjoy it a lot!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 2, 2011, 01:45 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
..... Also, they pulled back the 1156 release for the same reason with 775. ..
they are not pulling back a release they make a very expensive recall. Beside who will creasy enough to buy a 1156 when you see the performance of the 1155
Old February 2, 2011, 01:55 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyvin View Post
I
Intel 2500K
Asus P8P67
Corsair HX650W
Corsair Force 120GB SSD
Western Digital Black 1 TB

You have the same part my fiend use to build his PC
Old February 2, 2011, 06:03 PM
Rookie

So I started gettin itchy at work lol So I decided to POST the board, chip, ram and video card....then I installed the fans....MAN I cant wait till tomorrow. Pics so far.

I dont know WHAT made the boss think green was a good color for the service depot but...moving on!

It POSTED!!!

EFI BIOS....runs at 51 degrees idling in BIOS...cant wait for that H70. Playing around with the "Autotune" feature gained a whole 100MHz and bumped my RAM back down to 1333. This system is going to be my first experience with overclocking but we'll get into that down the road.

More to come tomorrow!!
Old February 2, 2011, 07:13 PM
Banned
F@H

very smart thing to do, right there on the mobo box.

one thing tough, if you dont use the integrated video (if present) make sure

the gpu doesnt jiggle around when the system is on. :)

nice piccies and colors and ambiance and all
Old February 3, 2011, 06:25 PM
Rookie

*evil cackle* PICCIES!!!

Stock cooler off to make way for.......

Installing this was strange I have to admit. 1155 didnt line up unless the backplate was on crooked.

The backplate and the retension ring installed.

So Pretty. Took me about 20 mins all said and done. Now about those cables....

Please excuse the crumby phone pics. For some odd reason the X10 didnt want to focus for this one. There were ALOT of cables going everywhere so I had to make some sacrifices and I wasnt as please as I would like to be but closer to the end...I just wanted it running.

And so it is!! Running PC Check as we speak.

I could have sworn that I had taken a pic of the everything with the lights off but...guess not. Ill be going back later to check it out..maybe install the OS and get everything running sweet.

A few things I would like to note about it so far.
The H70-Wow....just...wow. It looks awesome. With the stock cooler everything was idling at about 55 degrees. Now idles at 28. Highly recommend this cooler.
P8P67 & 2500K- the auto OC function was something i wanted to try before I left. At the push of a button....I had 4GHz with 1634MHz on the RAM. Love it.

So thats it so far....Ill POST more later as i tinker. Input appreciated!!!