Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8, 2011, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

well ive used only OCZ and havent had one fail on me knock on wood i know some people have issues but thats like everything in life i had a lot of seagates fail on me its all the luck of the draw.
Asus P5Q-E
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 8gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
Corsair Cx600M
Samsung 850 evo 250gb
Noctua NfP-12's on Swiftech 320 rad
Logitech Z-506 5.1 setup
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Old September 17, 2015, 06:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
Wiring wise its the best i could do the dam atx 4 pin was suuuch a pain i had to use 2 extentions thats how short the bloody thing was other then that the Ocz powersupply is pretty good so far quiet just installed it so lets see how long it will last but for 35 bucks i aint gonna complain. the 24 pin connector i wanna get a nice sleeved one but there is an extension to it a little 3 prong connector i think its for the front pannel so that didnt work out. Ill see what i can do i like the black tubing its sexy i wont lie.

I started this only wanting to change tubing and res as the res had a crack next thing i know after running leak test my block the Apogee gt started to leak i was like bloody hell all that work so had to wait a week and then start all over and re tube and recut the tubings as the Apogee xt sits lower then the gt but after some more tubing it worked out had a little leak at the bottom of the res i retighted the bolt and everything is fine finally. I thought it was already tightened from the factory guess not. i didnt notice it till like 2 days late cause there was little a little dried up smudge on top of the Dvd burner. lol i leave a tissue there to make sure but nothing for the past 3 days so were good.
Good evening. I just bought the cosmos s case from a local person but he didnt have the 24 pin extension cable and I think I need it for the case to work. I called coolermaster but they no longer carry the part. Would you happen to know a fix around this cable?

Thank you
Old September 17, 2015, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

OK check it out man. You really want to avoid using that thing. Figure out another way to get the power switch working. That extension screws up power delivery enough to possibly cause problems. I didn't notice it until my extension stopped working. I also tried to get a replacement and it never materialized. Don't waste any time on this.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.
Old September 17, 2015, 08:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by clshades View Post
OK check it out man. You really want to avoid using that thing. Figure out another way to get the power switch working. That extension screws up power delivery enough to possibly cause problems. I didn't notice it until my extension stopped working. I also tried to get a replacement and it never materialized. Don't waste any time on this.
We generally frown on +1s here, but I'll offer one anyways. :)

I had issues with mine as well, and ended up buying a momentary on switch that I modded into one of the 5 1/4 bay covers.

There's also this scythe unit that incorporates a power switch into a multifunction bay insert, but it's hard to find.....

http://www.amazon.ca/Scythe-Kama-Pan.../dp/B00B06QNYA

This is essentially what I used http://www.amazon.ca/SODIAL-stainles...ry+push+button but any momentary on switch will do.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 24" Westinghouse L2410NM

Last edited by sswilson; September 17, 2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old September 17, 2015, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I tried to do a mod via frozencpu with a really nice momentary I wanted but the site went tits up before I could complete the mod.
Mah Rig now
Mah Rig before
My stuff for sale.