Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 21, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so cool there only so many times i can say it bill/mnpctech rocks
Old November 21, 2010, 03:06 PM
Allstar

Thanks ginger!

...it helps to watch a lot of DEXTER...hehe

the other grill insert

Old November 21, 2010, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

This blood splatter in this build kind of reminds me of the the latest MDPC
Old November 21, 2010, 10:25 PM
Top Prospect

Nice theme! love the blood
Old November 22, 2010, 04:55 AM
Allstar

Thanks otto!

I love that Blood bag on that PC @ Amuse.

140mm Grill inserts re-installed. These were controlled splatters, no blood on the anodized Black, please!

Old November 22, 2010, 02:24 PM
Allstar

Just some drips on the top panel... Started scuffing the exterior finish for more F/X and slogans inspired by the game. Everything will clearcoated later
Old November 24, 2010, 08:59 AM
MVP

My System Specs

very very creative, awesome job=FTW
Old November 28, 2010, 06:35 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm speechless! THIS LOOKS AWESOME!
Old November 30, 2010, 12:15 PM
Allstar

I had the opportunity to get a product sample for this project from NZXT, a sleeved LED kit.

I was pleasantly surprised at the $9.99 retail price. ($14.99 for 2 meter long version) The ability to hide the LEDs out of sight was also alluring. The kits are sold in two length variations, 1 meter (39") for MATX and Mid Tower or 2 meter (78") for Full Tower cases. The LED bulbs are 3mm diameter. The brightness specification isn't available.

Pictured here is the 2 meter version with Orange LEDs. I'll be installing the 1 meter version with Red LEDs. The kits are offered in 5 colors, Red, Green, White, Blue, or Orange.

The kit includes Molex connector, ten Black adhesive backed mounting clips and one screw for mounting the circuit board in PCI slot.

The sleeving is offered only in Black for all the kits. It's very good quality material similar to Techflex.

The NZXT Sleeved LED Kit is paired with a three step light sensitivity and on/off light function that mounts in a PCI slot. You can switch the brightness between high, medium, and low settings or off.

Ten Black plastic mounting clips.

The clips are adhesive backed for tucking the LED cable into small crevices.

The brightness specification isn't available anywhere. This photo shows them at their highest setting, which provides ample lighting. You can always add another kit to meet individual applications. It would be nice if NZXT allowed you to daisy chain additional LED cable onto one kit. The end is a closed connection. Opportunity for mod? Hopefully we will see this change made to future version of the kit.

The 1 meter (39") length had 12" of additional cable left after mounting it around the access side perimeter of the K62R chassis. I used some PC Cable and Zip Ties Computer, Black cable ties to bind the cable together.

The cable lead from the circuit board. I would like to see the cable connection on the circuit board located near the PCI slot instead, to avoid this loop. I'm going to use a cable tie base to tack the cable to PCI slot.

It only took a few minutes to install the kit. fyi: Having a Red chassis helps improve the illumination too!

Old December 1, 2010, 05:52 AM
Allstar

I just noticed this morning Newegg is offering the PC-K58W case for $59.99 with FREE shipping, which is essentially the K62R I'm using, that sells for $70 more, The K58 has different window design, unpainted chassis and doesn't include the top 140mm fans.

Newegg.com - Shell Shocker Deal. Exclusive Jaw Dropping Savings on PC Components and Electronics.