Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 10, 2010, 12:28 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I have taken the rivets out of my case, so I can work on the various pieces a bit easier. Also, I have decided to powder coat the case, so having it apart was a requirement for that.

Once I get my radiators and fans, I will be able to finalize the lower radiator mounting point and cut the base of the case to suit. I have decided to raise the case by three inches, using some of the purplewood I am ordering. This will allow me to keep the fans for the lower radiator below the case, leaving me more room for wiring, etc.

One other update: I was going to go with three GTX 470 video cards and was going to water cool them. After the nVidia GTX 580 release yesterday, I decided to step up to one of the new EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked Video Cards. I liked what I read about them in terms of heat management and lower power draw. It was ordered today, and I should have it by Monday.

I will add a second one of these cards once the GPU waterblocks become available. It is my hope that two of these GTX 580 video cards will be sufficient for the next few years. If so, I will actually save money (approximately $200 savings).
Old December 9, 2010, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Sounding good. Looking forward to the pix as I am starting a new project with the HAF X. Good luck with the build

Tags
haf x , i7-870 , water cooled , wood