Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2010, 07:23 AM
Allstar

Default Corsair 600T Graphite Case Mod Project

I recently installed a window in another 600T for a customer and posted a D-i-y guide on my blog, Install window in Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower. | Case Mod Blog

Review added 9/06/10
YouTube - Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower Case Review, by mnpctech.com

I've got an exclusive preview of the 600T for you with HD video review to follow in another day or two before I perform the transformation :dremel:

I would describe the theme I'm creating as "Sci-Fi or Futuristic Military Equipment Cargo Carton" that has seen some action in the field. No bullet holes on this one tho, I want to create the illusion of it being indestructible. The drawings are only Conceptual. The final piece will be slightly different and much more detailed. A large portion of the construction will involve cnc milling PVC sheets.

I will debut a brand new custom LED lighting system for this project, compliments of I&H Accessories

600T is currently en route to online retailers and will retail between $149.99 - $159.99
I've heard that some online retailers are already taking pre-orders, for less.

The following is from Corsair's website

Graphite Series 600T Manufacturer Product Information

The Graphite Series 600T is a mid-tower in height, but inside it’s positively cavernous. Easily accommodate even the longest graphics cards in the industry due to the reconfigurable hard drive bays. The increased space behind the motherboard tray allows clean, uncluttered cable routing. Up to six hard drive caddies, each of which can accommodate SSDs and standard mechanical disks, sit below the four 5.25" tool-free optical drive bays. If that weren’t enough, you can remove the top panel 200mm fan and install a 240mm radiator and dual 120mm fans for a quick watercooling upgrade.
Features for Builders

Corsair innovated cable routing with the Obsidian Series™ cases, and the Graphite Series features the same ingenious design. Pre-cut holes in the motherboard tray with rubber grommets and plenty of room behind the motherboard to route cables for a clean, uncluttered interior. The optical drive bays are tool-free, the side panels easily detach with the built-in latch mechanisms, and the integrated fan controller allows you to choose between quiet operation or maximum cooling performance.
Features include

* Twin 200mm cooling fans with white LEDs for excellent cooling
* Eight expansion slots provides you flexibility for multiple graphics card solutions
* Unique cable routing holes guarantees you a clean and clutter-free installation
* Integrated fan controller, for up to four fans, gives you the choice of noise vs. performance
* Tool-free optical drive installation makes building your system faster than ever
* CPU backplate cutout makes upgrading your CPU heatsink easy
* 2.5” and 3.5” hard drive compatibility for up to 6 drives — straight out of the box!
* Two year warranty with Corsair’s world-class customer service and technical support

Specifications

Type
ATX Mid Tower

Color
Dark Graphite Metallic

Case Material
Steel / Plastic

Motherboard Compatibility
Micro ATX / ATX

External 5.25" Drive Bays

Internal 3.5" Drive Bays

Expansion Slots

Front Ports
4 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0, 1 x IEEE1394, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Mic

Cooling System
1 x 120 mm fan
2 x 200 mm white LED fans

Dimensions(L x W x H)
23.30" x 10.40" x 20.00"

Weight (I believe this is carton weight and need to clarify this!)
28 lbs.

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts
2 years limited
Labor
2 years limited

A photo tour of Corsair's new 600T Graphite Mid Tower case before it goes under the knife.

Last edited by Mnpctech; October 25, 2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old September 2, 2010, 12:27 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Case looks good. Will be nice to see how you deconstruct/reconstruct it :)
Old September 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Subscribed

I personally like the Ammobox/military Mods, looking forward to seeing this one done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 2, 2010, 09:43 PM
Top Prospect

I personally love this case, so you had me with the title on this one! I can't wait to see what you do with this build Bill, it will be another awesome and spectacular build from you
Old September 3, 2010, 08:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I didn't even know Corsair is making a 600, lol.. good deal.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old September 3, 2010, 11:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

OK, Bill has taken pictures and the case does not have any MNPCTech awesomeness modding happening yet!

Damn, I had to subscribe to this work of art in progress.
Old September 4, 2010, 08:59 PM
Rookie

reviews!!!

YouTube - Corsair 600T Case Review Part 1 PART1
YouTube - Corsair 600T case Review Part 2 PART2
Old September 5, 2010, 04:02 AM
Top Prospect

This guy's review sucked! Bill's review was much more entertaining and informative too! I personally thought this was just yet another whinging pommy who's just hard to please! It was like 20mins of agony with him talking about not been able to do this or that with this case and yet he still gets a few things wrong!

As I commented in the reviews section where Bill posted his video review, I totally agree with him that the case is fantastic and with a few extra tweaks it would be even better!
Old September 5, 2010, 10:25 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yah, i found him annoying.

Seems like he just woke up, cranky like hell and force to do a review about the case.

Although he did bring up some good points, nonetheless... annoying.
Old September 5, 2010, 06:57 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

He has some good ideas, but he also has some biased ideas that make him look like an idiot only thinking for himself. Who the hell wants a grommet sticking out the back i/o section of their case, just so those few early adapters of usb3.0 can have their way 0.5% better? Corsair did a very fine job with this case, the usb3.0 pci bracket is perfectly fine, they also made it a standard ATX case, so if this idiot wants to have a 240mm and a 120mm, go buy a fricking 800/700d that's made for WC. Again only thinking for himself. Many people (myself included) love this case and the spacing is just perfect, make it any bigger and it'd be a deal-breaker.