Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2010, 08:47 AM
Allstar

..Wood?! ..... It's just a test so we can pre-fit the top grill frame to confirm it matches the contour of the factory version, before making real deal. The heatsink fins will be left bare aluminum while the outter frame will be painted to match the "dingy" exterior finish of the case. Otherwise it would contrast and look a bit odd...

Underside of the new top grill.. (still in progress!)
Old October 13, 2010, 06:18 AM
Allstar

The grill will attach to the frame of the factory grill. The outter frame of the top grill will be painted to match the exterior. The heatsink fins will either be 1. left bare aluminum or 2. cleared coated with a light mixture of silver to mute the shine. I'm leaning toward the later, so the grill fits into the overall theme.

Old October 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Allstar

Yesterday I drilled holes into the modified factory plastic grill frame. Honeycomb Mesh was being clear coated

Old October 14, 2010, 07:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

curious, is there enough room up top to mount a set of 120mm x 38mm fans? Im getting one of these cases for xmas and am shopping to fit it with my current water cooler by mounting the rad at the top. And for that matter, will there be enough room for a top mounted TFC 240?
Old October 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
curious, is there enough room up top to mount a set of 120mm x 38mm fans? Im getting one of these cases for xmas and am shopping to fit it with my current water cooler by mounting the rad at the top. And for that matter, will there be enough room for a top mounted TFC 240?
I think so. I read a spec sheet that described doing just what you said. The rad will probably have to fit inside, though.
Old October 16, 2010, 11:12 AM
Allstar

38mm...Panaflo fans by chance? ...will check to make sure on space when I return to the shop.

fyi: Corsair hasn't released a window version of the 600T Graphite. I recently got one to install a custom window. Here is d-i-y guide I made

Install window in Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower. | Case Mod Blog

Old October 16, 2010, 02:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Either a set of panflow or deltas. I had seen in the video of how they mounted the fans on top and the radiator internally. Personally Id cut that grill out of the top to get a better seal to the rad. It would be super awesome to fit 120x38mm fans on my TFC 240 without modification.
Old October 17, 2010, 11:00 AM
Allstar

Ok, I'll check it out tomorrow when I return the shop. The top panel for the 600T is done! Altho may paint the grill Black

Old October 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah, paint the grill black, that would look really good.
Old October 18, 2010, 11:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

man that some nice custom work. Wish I had the machinery and knowhow to do some of that.