Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2010, 05:16 PM
Allstar

Thanks for tuning into this project log guys! I'm working on the design for the side panels and will share some screen shots of that soon! and I forgot to post my review here as well, Sorry!

YouTube - Corsair 600T Graphite Mid Tower Case Review, by mnpctech.com
Old September 8, 2010, 01:33 PM
Allstar

Screen shots of the left custom side panel drawing in progress... It will be milled from .5" thick PVC sheet. The vents above the window are 1/4" wide. Smaller opening to right will be access doorway to HD bays.

Old September 8, 2010, 02:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Wow very nice!

Excited to see what you'll do with this one once it's done!

Btw, what software do you use for you drawings?
Old September 9, 2010, 08:21 AM
Allstar

Cool, glad you like it so far...and it's Mastercam
Old September 9, 2010, 01:31 PM
MVP

So I watched the other guys review and I need something clarified. The guy talks about how there isn't enough room for radiators because the NHD14 gets in the way, but why would that heatsink be there in the first place if you are watercooling? Would you not just have small waterblocks in the case?
Old September 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
Top Prospect

Not if he is only using the rad to water cool the gpu only, then he would need the NHD14 there, or whatever other air heatsink he wants to use.
Old September 9, 2010, 05:51 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlilmissmjx View Post
Not if he is only using the rad to water cool the gpu only, then he would need the NHD14 there, or whatever other air heatsink he wants to use.
That's just BS, if you want to use a nh-d14 this case fits it perfectly. If you want to use WC this case fits it perfectly. It won't fit both and I don't care if it won't because I don't want it to fit both otherwise it'd defeat the purpose of the 600t. It won't pay your bills and it won't make you breakfast either. The guy's wack...
Old September 9, 2010, 06:47 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
It won't fit both
That's why the question was put forth by bootleg, of course it won't fit both. Please don't call BS on me unless I did screw something up, in which I know I did NOT!

Anyway, yes you would use small water blocks to cool the cpu and/or gpu with a 240 rad inside. You just can't get away with putting in a 240 rad inside with the NH-D14 (like the guy pointed out), is how I should have answered so it wouldn't have created the confusion, so I do apologise if I did cause any.

You could try to cool both the cpu and gpu with a 240 rad, maybe even cool the cpu & cfx/sli setup, but I would ask the more experienced water cooling guys for an opinion on that to see if its efficient enough to provide cool enough temps.
Old September 9, 2010, 07:02 PM
MVP

I was thinking that a 240 in the top and a 120 on the back would be enough rad for a cpu and gpus. (2)
Old September 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
Top Prospect

I think that would work bootleg, I can't see why not! I prefer air cooling myself, not a fan of mixing water with electronics, but each to their own