Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

Update: Ok, so I figured I might as well give you guys an update on what's happening, because I'm awesome like that! I replaced 2 of the 3 LED fans in my case currently with Antec Tri-cool Red, I would have also replaced the 3rd, but so far it seems like way to much work to dig it out. Also, the tooless pins used to keep the fans in? Junk. Next, I ordered all my watercooling parts on Friday, and as of today, the order has been processed. If I'm lucky, they will ship in a couple days, and I'll receive them just before Christmas, thus, on Christmas, taking my day off, and throwing my build together (and taking more pictures then I know what to do with!). I also took some pictures of the replaced fans...but I don't feel like just writing about that...good times. <_<

Who do I need to sacrifice around here to get an order shipped before everyone elses? :D
Old December 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Wicked! Can't wait for the update! I will be trying to put a Swiftech H20-120 Compact into a small crummy Ultra Wizzard case, what's going to be fun! Back in Ontario, where I will have all my tools!!!! Yay metal/wood/car shop!!!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

That was so much easier then typing it out. What I already have sitting next to me (thus why it isn't on the list) is my D-Tek Liquid FX UV Fire Red, Arctic Silver compound, RAD box, and my coils.
Old December 19, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

20ft of tubing! I bet you will have about 2 feet left over from a single 10ft tube... Good to have extra though!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old December 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Haha, I know, I thought about it after I ordered, but I figured considering the price, it doesn't hurt to have stuff left over!
Old December 27, 2007, 09:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Oh noes...

Update: So...bad news, my build is kinda on pause...for god knows how long. Apparently my water cooling order is missing. NCIX has stated it's already gone out the door, but yet, Purolator keeps telling me that NCIX is lieing, and that they never picked it up. Thank god I payed for insurance. So, sense I have no idea how long it's going to take to fix this mess, I pretty much can't finish my worklog.

Speaking of worklog, 4-6 months I'm starting a new one
Old December 28, 2007, 08:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama_egg View Post
Update: So...bad news, my build is kinda on pause...for god knows how long. Apparently my water cooling order is missing. NCIX has stated it's already gone out the door, but yet, Purolator keeps telling me that NCIX is lieing, and that they never picked it up. Thank god I payed for insurance. So, sense I have no idea how long it's going to take to fix this mess, I pretty much can't finish my worklog.

Speaking of worklog, 4-6 months I'm starting a new one
Well that just sucks...... Donkey Balls.

Hopefully they will get it sorted out for you soon and you can continue with the build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 2, 2008, 11:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'm starting to think Murphy is following me...with a hand axe...aimed at my skull.

Why you may ask? Well, let's start. So I got my parts in 2 days ago, apparently Purolator was giving me bull the whole time, but that's a different story. So, after getting my parts together, I managed to spring a leak. A HUGE leak. So, after replacing the barbs twice, using two zip ties on each barb, and tightening it to no end, it stopped leaking! Yay!

Well...here is where the story begins to go downhill...even more so...

So I get all my wires plugged in, get the card installed, plug up my monitor to make sure it starts up ok, and then to my amazement...it beeps. Oh, not the friendly "Hi, how's it going" beep, but the "I'mma rip your face off" beeps. That's right, one long beep followed by 2 short beeps. Aka, Video Adapter Failure. So, somehow during the fixing of the leak, I killed my card. So now, I'm rig-less. Sigh, time to order a new card... *cries*

Murphy...kill me now