Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2010, 12:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Aqua Fortis

Hello all! Things are finally starting to come in and I figured it's as good a time as any to get my log started.

First off my parts-list:

Internal Parts:

Case: Silverstone TJ07 *new*
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 *reused*
Motherboard: eVGA x58 SLI LE *new*
Videocard: eVGA 470 *new*
HDD: WD Velociraptor 300GB *reused*
PSU: Silverstone Strider 850watt *new*

Watercooling Parts:

Pump: Laing 355 w/ EK top
Radiators: EK 4x120mm & Thermochill 3x120mm
Reservoir: EK 150ml
CPU Block: Heatkiller rev 3
GPU Block: Bitspower Blackfreezer
Control: BigNG and MiniNG controlling pump, fans and lighting

Theme

I'm going with my favourite colour scheme, black and green with orange accenting with soft white lighting, hopefully I can strike a nice balance and not make the green too overwhelming:D

My hope for this build is to correct the mistakes I made last time, doing a better job on the sleeving(#1 priority) and getting some custom parts made for my case.

Time to get this busted up old Thermochill ready for prime time:

Old and busted

Making progress

Nearly done, not sure if I need to remove more paint

If anyone has painted one of these, please chip in, I'm not sure if I got enough of it off or if I need to do more(my fingers plead with me that I'm done, but perfection doesn't listen to such weakness:D)

Next update will arrive in time to demonstrate how badly I'm messing with the layout of the case to fit these radiators in there and try to find some decent project boxes(like the infamous Hammond boxes) that come in 3.8"x3.8"x2", a man can dream right?
Old July 29, 2010, 05:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Finally pictures to this build you keep telling me about msn and me not believing you.
Old August 16, 2010, 08:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Big decision time, not sure which look for the front I prefer:

I'm leaning towards the last, if anyone has any suggestions and improvements to offer, please do! Whatever it is will be cut out and backed with acrylic, lit a nice light white(probably:lol:)

Finally got some work done yesterday, I worked up the courage to start in on the radiator fans. My ideal was to have 3 cables, one for each bank of fans, outer left, middle and outer right.

Here they are complete, I am coming to REALLY love crimping cables down to a length, it really frees you up to set up a case the way you really want. Not terribly happy with how they turned out but not sure if I really want to waste all the effort and sleeve/heatshrink.

And a terrible closeup of the Thermochill, 6 fans in a push-pull config, not so fun to sleeve.
Old August 16, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Personally I'm more for #1. Why is the 2nd one blue? Does it mean that the 2nd logo is going to be colored blue if that's the one you decide to go with?

Also, for the water-esque parts of the logos, see what they look like as a background to the lettering, perhaps in different configurations. Just my $0.02.

I'm interested to see how the build will turn out with the diverse color scheme you've chosen. Not to put you down, I mean it more like I can't wait to see the results. Sweet system you're putting in it too.
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old August 16, 2010, 11:19 PM
MVP
F@H

Subbed. Looking good, Chuck... I also like the first one the most.

WORK KANG: Silverstone SG03 | EVGA x58 Micro w/ 920 @ 4.2Ghz | Sapphire 5970 | 12GB Dominator DDR3-2000 | 240GB Revodrive X2 | SilverStone ST650F
MINI KANG: BitFenix Prodigy | Asus P8Z77i Deluxe mITX w/ 2600K @ 4.5Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 2GB | 8GB Vengeance DDR3-1866 | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | Corsair AX650
KANGZILLA: Custom MM Ascension | SR-2 | 2x X5650 | 2x SilverStone ST1000F | 2x Intel 160GB SSD | 15x 120mm rads | Under construction...

Old August 17, 2010, 07:49 AM
Top Prospect

i think the first one is best too. but id probly do this pic without colour and take up 80% of the front panel with it.

The Great Wave Hokasai - Vintage Asian, Oriental, and Calligraphy Posters

cuz it looks sweet.
Old August 17, 2010, 08:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I like the first one too. Who have you found to do the cutting? I was thinking of making a new personalized faceplate for my TJ as well.
Old August 17, 2010, 02:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmaPC View Post
Personally I'm more for #1. Why is the 2nd one blue? Does it mean that the 2nd logo is going to be colored blue if that's the one you decide to go with?

Also, for the water-esque parts of the logos, see what they look like as a background to the lettering, perhaps in different configurations. Just my $0.02.

I'm interested to see how the build will turn out with the diverse color scheme you've chosen. Not to put you down, I mean it more like I can't wait to see the results. Sweet system you're putting in it too.
Yeah, I had it selected when I took the picture, blue means highlighted in Sketchup. I was thinking that as well, about making it a background, it might be a little out of my skills but if I can manage it looks cool(in my head).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Kang View Post
Subbed. Looking good, Chuck... I also like the first one the most.
Making my job tough with all the conflicting opinions, thanks for the feedback Liu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer View Post
i think the first one is best too. but id probly do this pic without colour and take up 80% of the front panel with it.

The Great Wave Hokasai - Vintage Asian, Oriental, and Calligraphy Posters

cuz it looks sweet.
Heh, it really does, maybe as a window etching? Every time a new idea pops out I feel the pull on my wallet increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I like the first one too. Who have you found to do the cutting? I was thinking of making a new personalized faceplate for my TJ as well.
Getting mine done here, talked to them today and took a look at some of their previous work, I'm fairly impressed. Thanks for the feedback!

Next job is the planning for my motherboard base, I've decided that to hide the huge ugly hole in the new TJ07 tray I'm going to put a piece of frosted acrylic under the motherboard and leading right into the 5.25" bays, lit from several angles. If it works out the way I hope it *should* look like the motherboard is floating on white light, big if but I'm hopeful.
Old August 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

lol, I just realized Aqua Fortis = HNO3 = Nitric acid = Stuff used for explosives, among other things. Nice namesake. Seriously
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old August 21, 2010, 10:08 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Third one is nice.

| Samsung T220 | Steelseries SX Pro | Razer Lachesis Phantom White | Logitech Illuminated Keyboard | Sennheiser HD555 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 |