Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I have XBMC downloading all the extra files/images right now. Had no issues installing it or setting it up thanks to lowfat's guide.
Old July 23, 2010, 09:55 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I have XBMC downloading all the extra files/images right now. Had no issues installing it or setting it up thanks to lowfat's guide.

And if you use Ember or TV Rename it is even more painless. I moved XBMC to a new system and it only took like 2 minutes to configure.
Old July 23, 2010, 09:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post

And if you use Ember or TV Rename it is even more painless. I moved XBMC to a new system and it only took like 2 minutes to configure.
I used both actually and it seems to be still looking/hashing for some stuff but i am going to let it do its thing the first time, once its all done see what it did or if i told it to download extra stuff it didn't need to.
Old July 25, 2010, 09:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Seems right now i like the default Confluence skin the best even if it doesnt have trailer support. The fact i can get the synopes for the movies/tv shows is good enough. I'm doing some fine tooling as some of the files that ember didn't rename properly come up as doubles in xbmc. Beyond that i just have the potential figuring out if i can throw that external fan inside or use a smaller one and what kind of 'remote' i may use to control xbmc. The two storage hard drives are already sharing on my small network without any issues, can't wait to use my gigabit switch and router in the fall as this 100 Mbps crap is slow to transfer files
Old August 6, 2010, 06:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Doubt anyone cares i may be installing a second gigabit network interface card as to provide more total bandwidth/transfer speeds when it is being accessed by more then one computer this fall (house of 6).

Still havent been able to figure out if i can move the fan inside the case rather the having it on the outside. Perhaps i should just go to air cooling heat sink unless someone has a great idea on how to keep everything inside the case.
Old August 6, 2010, 06:33 AM
MVP

....unless someone has a great idea on how to keep everything inside the case.[/quote]

Make the case bigger you could bend up extension panel or two to keep symmetrical or bend up whole case probably easier top, sides and bottom tabs to attach to the bottom. That would be pretty simple bend up, some mesh no extra holes and only say 1.5" wider if front panel has some side ways movement.
Old August 6, 2010, 06:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't really have the tools nor really the desire to make the case bigger then it is already
Old August 6, 2010, 06:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Doubt anyone cares i may be installing a second gigabit network interface card as to provide more total bandwidth/transfer speeds when it is being accessed by more then one computer this fall (house of 6).

Still havent been able to figure out if i can move the fan inside the case rather the having it on the outside. Perhaps i should just go to air cooling heat sink unless someone has a great idea on how to keep everything inside the case.
Have you found a way to manage the bandwidth from both cards through your router, or are you just planning on connecting one of the PCs directly to the back of it for a peer to peer connection?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old August 6, 2010, 06:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Haven't had the chance to look into that as my gigabit router is packed up already for my move. I was hoping that i would be able to just plug both cards via cat5e cables to the router though i guess i may have to do more for it?
Old August 6, 2010, 06:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, never tried to do it myself, but my understanding is that managing two nics on the same PC is usually a feature only found on much higher end kit. Where it normally comes up is the opposite direction, with folks wanting to use two broadband connections on the same PC in order to double up speeds.... it's unfortunately not as simple as plugging two modems in. ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP