Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2010, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Default HAF 932 with more LED lights?

Hey guys, just put together a new rig and loving my new HAF 932. This is not a really big deal, but I'd like to add some red LED lights in it because there seems to be only one red one in the front of the case. Since there is a window at the side of the case, I just like to be able to see through it instead of darkness. I understand most people don't like the lights, but I do! I thought about getting new fans with LED, so thats one option. Although the size of the HAF fans seem to be sorta unique and hard to find in stores? Don't think they take 200mm (which seems to be common) unless I drill holes or something. Seems like i need 230x30mm according to the specifications.

Anyone know where I can actually buy some small led lights or something where I can just tape or hook them in the case? I could go with xmas lights or something, but that may be a little overboard Then again, those aren't possible because there are no connectors to the motherboard
or whatever.

Last edited by dbear; July 12, 2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old July 12, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you want fans with LEDs, go with these. They're out of stock now, but I believe there's more coming. I know, it says 200mm, but they're the official Cooler Master fans for their cases.
- NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster Megaflow 200MM Red LED Case Fan 700RPM for HAF932 922 Cosmos S Atcs 840 Storm Sniper - R4-LUS-07AR-GP In Canada.

Another option would be multiple LEDs.
- NCIX.com - Buy Lian Li LED-R Red Flexible LED Strip 360MM W/ 26 LED Lights 4PIN Molex - LED-R In Canada.
- NCIX.com - Buy Logisys LCX16RD 16IN Red LED Corner Light 12VDC 3W - LCX16RD In Canada.

And there's also Cold Cathodes. They give out more of a blanket of light as opposed to the beams that come from most LEDs.
- NCIX.com - Buy Logisys CLK12RD2 Dual Red Cold Cathode Kit 12IN 3.0MM - CLK12RD2 In Canada.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old July 12, 2010, 05:21 PM
Rookie

Awesome, thanks very much for the links. Definitely what I was looking for. :)
Old July 12, 2010, 06:06 PM
MVP

My System Specs

coolermaster sells a red LED 200mm case fan
Old July 12, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates_Johnston View Post
coolermaster sells a red LED 200mm case fan
It's always a good idea to read posts in a thread before replying.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...