Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12, 2010, 04:38 PM
Top Prospect

That sleeving is delicious.
Can't wait for mo pics :)
Old July 14, 2010, 10:53 AM

My System Specs

Well I received my PC-V352 today. And to say I have a few issues is an understatement. The radiator will definitely not fit up front. About 3mm too short. Power supply will not fit w/o modification. And was Lian Li thinking w/ their short USB3.0 cables. They are suppose to reach the back of the case, which is nearly impossible on how short they are. I will definitely need to be buying a few extensions for them. Even for a second generation case this thing is poorly throughout.
Old July 14, 2010, 08:08 PM

My System Specs

Already have stripped the case down in order to cut the parts in order to get my gear to fix properly.

Shame I have to put it together again once when I have all the cuts made and the gear has arrived. THEN to dissemble it again to get it powercoated. Then put to back together again afterward. I haven't decided on if I should get the exterior powdercoated or not yet. I do like how the brushed aluminum looks, but I hate how non-durable it is w/o the powdercoating. I have already made a few scuffs on it.
Old July 14, 2010, 08:52 PM

My System Specs

Now what idiot @ Lian Li thought it would be a good idea to make the front panel power/reset cables a different length
Old July 15, 2010, 12:40 PM

My System Specs

Who would have thought that a low power MATX system could be such a money pit. Ended up spending another $1050 this week on the rest of the gear for the build, which doesn't include the GPU block since it isn't out yet.

The system is going to consist:
Pentium G6950
Gigabyte H55M-USB3
2GB Kingston Hyper X T1 DDR3-2000 (cheapest memory I could find that matched my colour scheme )
Gigabyte GTX460 768MB

Finished the sleeving off today. Can't do anything else until the radiator arrives. Which I accidently got shipped UPS from Performance-PCs. It is going to cost me another $50 in brokerage when it arrives.
Old July 15, 2010, 12:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

This looks great and is going to put my htpc/server to shame, oh well!. I'm curious to find out how much juice yours uses when its all said and done. That crappy tire watt meter says mine pulls 100W though it also says my AC which manufacturer claims most wattage it pulls is 777W, says it pulls 870W so i dont know if those things over shoot it.
Old July 15, 2010, 01:03 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
This looks great and is going to put my htpc/server to shame, oh well!. I'm curious to find out how much juice yours uses when its all said and done. That crappy tire watt meter says mine pulls 100W though it also says my AC which manufacturer claims most wattage it pulls is 777W, says it pulls 870W so i dont know if those things over shoot it.
Well my server has very similar hardware to this thing and it pull 77W when under LinX load. That is only w/ 1 SSD + 1 HDD. With 17 hard drives + 1 SSD it pulls around 225W. Although this system is going to use an undervolted G6950 as well, it is going to use considerably more power since it will have a GTX460 folding 24/7. This is w/ a Blue Planet meter as well. I think it is pretty accurate AFAIK.
Old July 16, 2010, 06:55 AM
Rookie

Amazing sleeve work *Drool*

I was looking at some of your other work and your machines are excellent.

Can't wait for more pics
Old July 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
...going to use an undervolted G6950 as well
This maybe a dumb question, but why undervolt the G6950?
Old July 16, 2010, 01:39 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3t3rson View Post
This maybe a dumb question, but why undervolt the G6950?
Lower power consumption.