Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2010, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Where to get 1/4" wide U-channel molding?

So I decided to punch some holes tonight on the side-panel for wire-routing, and paint it black. But, I don't want to amputate myself on the sharp edges after i punch-out the holes. Does anybody know where i can get u-channel locally around Toronto?

Wanna pick them up tonight, so I don't feel like ordering online like from MNPC. But, dunno where to get 'em. Think Homey Depot has 'em, or maybe Canadian Tire?

I already sleeved my case fans (thanks to lowfat!). But, I want to do some more stuff now, so what the heck, let's punch some holes and paint some metal.
Old July 7, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I looked around local about a year ago and found that what was available was crap, ended up picking mine up from perpc along with some other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 7, 2010, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I looked around local about a year ago and found that what was available was crap, ended up picking mine up from perpc along with some other stuff.
Doh!!! Hummm, define crappy. Do you mean flimsy and/or won't fit properly and/or falls-off easily etc?
Old July 7, 2010, 04:10 PM
MVP

If you are looking for rubber channel try a glass shop or auto like Napa if small holes say under 1.5" home builders carry rubber grommets.
Old July 7, 2010, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8erppl View Post
Doh!!! Hummm, define crappy. Do you mean flimsy and/or won't fit properly and/or falls-off easily etc?
I mean stiff as in tight bends ( 90* corners ) dint work out so well. I used it for a back plate hole and wiring hiding hole, back plate was a square cut the wiring was rectangular, Imageshack - dscf3082.jpg.

This was what I ended up using, it comes in large too since you are looking for 1/4" Channel Molding - Small [CMOLDING-SM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 7, 2010, 05:16 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I mean stiff as in tight bends ( 90* corners ) dint work out so well. I used it for a back plate hole and wiring hiding hole, back plate was a square cut the wiring was rectangular, Imageshack - dscf3082.jpg.

This was what I ended up using, it comes in large too since you are looking for 1/4" Channel Molding - Small [CMOLDING-SM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
ohhhhhhh, i see what you mean now... tight bends definitely won't work... well, i'm gonna keep looking around like Toyoracer suggested, and if it comes down to it, i'll get them from performance pcs like u did...

thanks!
Old July 6, 2012, 11:56 PM
Rookie

The stuff from this company is about 1/4" and its pretty flexible u-channel ive used it on my 600T for couple mods.
Computer Modding Rubber U-Channel Rubber Window / Fan Molding | eBay