Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 12:53 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TO/RH/Markham
Posts: 244

My System Specs

Default Where to get 1/4" wide U-channel molding?

So I decided to punch some holes tonight on the side-panel for wire-routing, and paint it black. But, I don't want to amputate myself on the sharp edges after i punch-out the holes. Does anybody know where i can get u-channel locally around Toronto?

Wanna pick them up tonight, so I don't feel like ordering online like from MNPC. But, dunno where to get 'em. Think Homey Depot has 'em, or maybe Canadian Tire?

I already sleeved my case fans (thanks to lowfat!). But, I want to do some more stuff now, so what the heck, let's punch some holes and paint some metal.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 01:02 PM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

I looked around local about a year ago and found that what was available was crap, ended up picking mine up from perpc along with some other stuff.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TO/RH/Markham
Posts: 244

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I looked around local about a year ago and found that what was available was crap, ended up picking mine up from perpc along with some other stuff.
Doh!!! Hummm, define crappy. Do you mean flimsy and/or won't fit properly and/or falls-off easily etc?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 04:10 PM
Toyoracer's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kootenays
Posts: 317
Default

If you are looking for rubber channel try a glass shop or auto like Napa if small holes say under 1.5" home builders carry rubber grommets.
__________________
Laughing, Loving still Living
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 04:48 PM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,248

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8erppl View Post
Doh!!! Hummm, define crappy. Do you mean flimsy and/or won't fit properly and/or falls-off easily etc?
I mean stiff as in tight bends ( 90* corners ) dint work out so well. I used it for a back plate hole and wiring hiding hole, back plate was a square cut the wiring was rectangular, Imageshack - dscf3082.jpg.

This was what I ended up using, it comes in large too since you are looking for 1/4" Channel Molding - Small [CMOLDING-SM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old July 7, 2010, 05:16 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TO/RH/Markham
Posts: 244

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I mean stiff as in tight bends ( 90* corners ) dint work out so well. I used it for a back plate hole and wiring hiding hole, back plate was a square cut the wiring was rectangular, Imageshack - dscf3082.jpg.

This was what I ended up using, it comes in large too since you are looking for 1/4" Channel Molding - Small [CMOLDING-SM] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
ohhhhhhh, i see what you mean now... tight bends definitely won't work... well, i'm gonna keep looking around like Toyoracer suggested, and if it comes down to it, i'll get them from performance pcs like u did...

thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old July 6, 2012, 11:56 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Default

The stuff from this company is about 1/4" and its pretty flexible u-channel ive used it on my 600T for couple mods.
Computer Modding Rubber U-Channel Rubber Window / Fan Molding | eBay
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] LG Flatron Wide 19" LCD DunF88 Buy/Sell & Trade 16 September 3, 2009 03:15 PM
Samsung 2253BW 22" Wide LCD Monitor-BLK Mr. Gruntsworthy Display Units 4 October 21, 2008 07:21 AM
FS: Dell Inspiron 1300 Laptop / 15.4" Wide CMetaphor Buy/Sell & Trade 20 July 9, 2008 05:42 PM
I swear I looked far and wide, but I need someone to explain "strapping" to me donimo Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking 21 January 12, 2008 02:20 PM
Looking to buy my first 22" wide screen monitor Canadianguy Display Units 37 November 19, 2007 05:56 PM