Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2010, 08:40 PM
Rookie

Default Lian Li PC-X900B

As previously stated, here are the pics of my switch (Antec 1200 to Lili).

There you have it. Overall, the case is beautiful, has a solid feel (doesn't feel flimsy at all). Some minor imperfections (small scratch at the bottom of the case, not visible, but still).

Cable management: Thumbs up as opposed to the Antec. Plenty of space between the side panel and space to fit in all of your cables without bending the panel or seeing a bump. Easy to route except for the 8pin EPS. That was an ass to route (mostly because I had everything installed and the CPU HSF was in the frickin' way).

HDD cage: It's pretty tough to get the hdds installed (might be just me) but the end results feels nice. The hdd without screws will not move.

Optical drive cage: Installing the dvd was a breeze. You also have the option to keep the front bezel or remove it completely. I left it on to hide away the dvd-rw. The bezel feels solid yet smooth at the same time when opening/closing.

WC'ers: Unfortunately, depending on what you're looking to do, the Lili might not be the best for you wc'ers our there imo. For sure, a triple rad will fit in the front, but as you can see in the last pic, the top plate seperating the top part of the case with the middle part is riveted in rendering impossible the use of a double rad at the back of the case. As for air cooling, the air flow is good and plenty enough to keep all of your parts cooled enough.

There are fan filters in front where you attach the three fans (removable with thumb screws to loosen up the aluminium piece that hold the fans).

Imo, for 380 tax in, I consider the case a good buy for a truly beautiful piece that has a solid built, good airflow, easy cable routing and plenty of space to work in.

Although I feel that Lili cheaped out a bit. No zip ties were provided (ok ok, 2!). 2 sata cables with 90 degrees connectors. 4 USB 3.0 cables for the top media panel. 1 cable for esata. Led lights, power/reset cables. Small plastic box for spare screws, etc.

Note that on the side of the case where all of the cables are hidden, I didn't find those small "c" where you can pass a zip tie to hold the cables.

Ask away if you wanna know more, don't know if I covered all of the basics. Please note that I am not a reviewer or an expert in these sort of things so everything is based on personal opinion.

System specs:

Intel Core i7 920 C0
TRUE Black w/ push-pull config (using TR fans)
Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair XMS Dominator DDR3 1600 12GB
Intel X25-M 80GB SSD
EVGA GTX 465 SLI (will probably step-up, still studying wc options!)
Enermax Revo 85+

Replaced all fans for GELID fans. Case sits on the desk and I hate blue leds! :p

Dom

P.S.: Hope this post made senses.
Old July 5, 2010, 08:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

now thats an interesting looking case.. hows the wire managment?
Old July 6, 2010, 12:34 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I'd have picked an 800D over this, but it looks good!
-Corsair H-50 + 2x Cooler Master R4
-Asus RoG Rampage III Extreme
-6GB OCZ Platinum Triple Channel DDR3-1600 [7-7-7-20]
-2x EVGA GTX 295+ Quad SLI
-Corsair HX-1000
-WD 160GB Raptor 10000RPM
-WD 1000GB Black 7200RPM

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1249140.png
Old July 8, 2010, 02:46 PM
Trial Member

Default new buid - looking to buy x900

Hi

Looking to purchase this case

Can you tell me, is the middle front fan removeable by itself, leaving the other two in place; and if so will it then be able to house a 5970?

Thanks for your opinion