Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Great build! I'm looking forward to working on mine. It's good to see that cable management will be quite easy with this case.
I was also thinking about how to light up the dragon on the side panel. I read somewhere that if you can drill holes into the corners of the panel and insert led's, you may get the effect you're looking for. I don't mean drilling holes through the panel but into the edge of it. Then set the led's into the holes. I may try this on my build and connect the led's to one of the controls on my fan controller so I can dim them to the desired level.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old July 4, 2010, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Great build! I'm looking forward to working on mine. It's good to see that cable management will be quite easy with this case.
I was also thinking about how to light up the dragon on the side panel. I read somewhere that if you can drill holes into the corners of the panel and insert led's, you may get the effect you're looking for. I don't mean drilling holes through the panel but into the edge of it. Then set the led's into the holes. I may try this on my build and connect the led's to one of the controls on my fan controller so I can dim them to the desired level.
Was thinking the same thing, just not sure if it's thick enough or strong enough to do so.
Old July 7, 2010, 06:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could reinforce the window corners with 1"X1" or 1 1/2"X1 1/2" pieces of thin plexi. Crazy glue would do nicely. Then reshape the corners with your dremel. Use a modeller's soldering iron to start the hole to drill then use 1/8" drill bit to complete the hole.

If you're interested, I do have a little plexi left over from my green machine build and I am nearby.

Old July 7, 2010, 09:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Don't have any of those tools

Thanks for the ideas and offer though. I'll keep it in mind.
Old July 7, 2010, 12:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Btw, did you need to use an 8 pin EPS extension for your TPQ 850 in that case? I have the same psu and case for my upcoming build and I'd like to know if I'll need one.

Old July 7, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Looks GREAT jd!...the case interior does need a nice coat of black to make it really sexy but other than that, VERY nice!

Old July 7, 2010, 07:25 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Btw, did you need to use an 8 pin EPS extension for your TPQ 850 in that case? I have the same psu and case for my upcoming build and I'd like to know if I'll need one.
Yeah. It was REALLY close. I'm sure if I pulled and wiggled, it would of fit. I used a sleeved one I had around, but the case comes with an unsleeved one which was a nice touch.
Old July 7, 2010, 09:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lol! I didn't know the case came with one! I'm thinking maybe I should at least unbox my case to see what it actually looks like.