Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I noticed you've got a fill/drain tube attached to the top of the res.... if that wasn't in place, would you have enough room to drop the res forward to fill it?
Quick answer is yes, but I wouldn't want to fill a res over a motherboard!

I have the fill tube routed behind the back of the case and fill it from the other side.... this is something that just kind of happened when I set this loop up with the new res. Thankfully I had a 45 degree elbow that just -barely- skimmed the top of the case/rad to route out the back. This is also the reason I cannot do a push/pull on the rad - I can't lower the radiator any more.

For draining, I can just pull the reservoir down, and use it as a drain tube - the only thing holding it on is the two clips, from the tubes connecting the video card, to the rad. The whole thing just pivots forward to drain.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 26, 2010, 07:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice and clean......I now have an itch that I will have to scratch. I forsee another folding rig coming up. Will include larger case and WC vid cards.....
Old June 26, 2010, 05:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

Very nice hardware and a nice, clean, simple loop setup :thumbsup:
Old July 8, 2010, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I've been using my atcs for over a year now and I never thought of removing the hdd cage, great Idea,
very nice set up!
Old July 8, 2010, 09:58 PM
Rookie

all you need is a black powder coat, and a backplate for that waterblock and it would be perfect!
very efficient loops, may i ask why you didnt decide to get a full board waterblock
Old July 9, 2010, 05:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lookin' good Rison!...I also really like the loop, clean and efficient. With the HHD cage gone you can drive a truck through there!..lol