Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default HELP! How to Spend Your Free Time After Exams? Rebuilding Computers!

Finished my last exam last Friday and today I'll be starting to rebuild my computers so I can put my parts to good use and get rid of the old computers. I got from now till early July to finish rebuilding all my computers as I got summer school. Anyways, this post will feature my sister's computer. And so, it shall be edited as I work on it. I won't shed too much info on her "new" rig, but I will tell you that a Phenom II will be used.

Did I mention that I'm hating this and I didn't even start yet?

It's done! Not posting any pics yet or give too much info, but the system posts and can boot into Windows just fine. I was able to win the fight against the Cooler Master RC-310 thanks to Mr. Hammer.

System specs (off the top of my head)

AMD Phenom II 720 BE OEM
Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UD3H
2 X 1GB Super Talent DDR2 800
2X 1GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
Cooler Master RC 310
OCZ StealthXStream 500W
Noctua NH-U12P SE2Noctua Case fan (will get model later)

I'm not sure what the CPU temperatures are as I'm not sure which temperature is associated with what. One thing is for sure and that it's currently running very cool in the basement. I stress tested it with Linpack last night and none of the temperatures were past 50C.

Last edited by geokilla; July 13, 2010 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Pictures!
Old June 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I took this opportunity to rebuild my own personal computer, upgrading from:

Intel E7200 @ 3.73Ghz
Gigabyte EP35-DS3L
WD 640GB
Mushkin Redline DDR2 4GB
BFG 9600GT OC @ 715/1830/1000
Cooler Master Elite RC-330
OCZ GameXStream 600W

to my current system specs that you see on the right --->. It's a heck of a build and I spent approximately $250 to $300 on it. The good news is that this Phenom II setup totally destroys my E7200 in everything I do.

Pictures shortly!

Last edited by geokilla; July 13, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old June 21, 2010, 06:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Word of advice.

NEVER USE THE COOLER MASTER RC-310 AGAIN! ALL WAS GOING WELL THEN BOOM. ONE PROBLEM FOLLOWS THE NEXT. THIS LAST PROBLEM CAUSED ME TO STOP ALL WORK! What is it you say? The DVD drive bays are too small! I think I broke my DVD Burner trying to force it in there! Heck I probably broke the CPU as well since I kept on knocking it when I fought with the numerous amount of problems the case has.

Did I mention I have only my laptop to use now cus all my computers are taken apart? GG
Old June 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Word of advice.

NEVER USE THE COOLER MASTER RC-310 AGAIN! ALL WAS GOING WELL THEN BOOM. ONE PROBLEM FOLLOWS THE NEXT. THIS LAST PROBLEM CAUSED ME TO STOP ALL WORK! What is it you say? The DVD drive bays are too small! I think I broke my DVD Burner trying to force it in there! Heck I probably broke the CPU as well since I kept on knocking it when I fought with the numerous amount of problems the case has.

Did I mention I have only my laptop to use now cus all my computers are taken apart? GG
My far more expensive Silverstone FT01-BW suffers from this as well. Though my DVD-RW is all that fits. No other bay device (fan controller, reservoir) fits without some sanding...
Old June 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dang, you remind me to sell my build and make a new one :*(

-Plato
Old June 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's done! Not posting any pics yet or give too much info, but I was able to win the fight against the Cooler Master RC-310 thanks to Mr. Hammer.
Old June 21, 2010, 09:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Any pics on the Hammer part???

-Plato
Old June 21, 2010, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was just hitting the drive cage so it'd expand a bit, making it easier for me to slide the DVD drive in. It's still a tight fit, and I'll probably be cursing 2 years later as I try to remove it.
Old June 21, 2010, 10:55 PM
MVP

I never had any problems with the RC-310 (other than the power buttons eventually breaking) and I had built probably close to 50 computers in them
Old June 22, 2010, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe it was bad luck then. Well either way, it's working now. I'm typing this on my sister's rig. No I didn't do a clean install of Windows yet. Double checking right now to make sure that I got everything backed up before reinstalling Windows 7 Ultimate.

Hopefully, I'll be able to update my sister's rig tonight, posting all the pics and stuff. I'll be overclocking and hopefully unlocking the 4th core, so I'll try and post some screenshots too.