Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nahhhh...it just looks prettier cause there's 4 singles to your 2 doubles .....but thanks Liu

Old June 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Case Mods ,Worklog Gallery

In this case there isn't much in the way of pressure, but most fluids are virtually incompressible. Hydraulic fluid compresses about 1/2 of 1% @ 1000 psi. These types of systems are generally non +ive displacement. They don't build up much in the way of system pressure, which you don't want. Your pres. is built up from a resistance to flow. The smoother the loops the lower the pressures, and 45s vs 90s are always better for flow rates. Also, if you have tight loops and tight bends or a lot of 90s, this builds pressures, which can lead to fluid leaks over time vs a smoother, more streamline system. That said, it looks very good, from a technical view point. Keep up the good work.
Old June 26, 2010, 05:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Good lord that's awesome. Grade 'A' computer pron right there.

Where did you get the Koolance rad mount? I seriously need to steal that idea from you.. i'm not looking forward to cutting my ATCS840. And lol - it looks in the picture like the case would tip over.. even though we all know that's not going to happen.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 26, 2010, 05:24 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, yep.... some serious geek pron there!!!!

I'm a bit concerned about the fact that you have a 1 1/2 yr old grandson though.... that means you're not a young'un, so..... you probably should be getting one of your children to help you move that beast around once the loop is full...... ;)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 26, 2010, 05:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I'll send ya a PM with the info ginger in the next day or 2 ...I'll be doing builds, updates, some network and software related things for the most part. I'm staying away from data recovery mostly for insurance purposes.

Oh yeah...ummmm...never had a day job

Put a 980X in there! Why hold back? You alreaedy have four GTX480's? Oh, time to up the air-conditioning in the shop

I'd love too but at the moment the budget just isn't there, now if Intel would step up and sponsor me with a deal things might be different
so sweet dude and very happy to pass any business on i can to such a top seller/builder
Old June 26, 2010, 05:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks guys
sswilson? we have 2 grandkids and a 3rd on the way I'm no spring chicken! 48 goin' in 60! all I can say is thank goodness the HAF X is on wheels!! although I do still have to carry it down to the basement to fire it up and I'm not looking forward to that!

Rison: I got the Koolance here Koolance Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-Release Products Model: BKT-HX001 [BKT-HX001] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
but you can also get it here Radiator Mounting Bracket with Quick-Release - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

fishingfanatic: I tried to keep the loop as straight as I could so the flow wouldn't hindered and pressure wouldn't too bad. As I said earlier, I am still not sure about the flow so it is somewhat of a trial, hopefully it works the way I hope

gingerbee: Thanks bud, much appreciated

Well, I got everything wired up except the 12 rad fans, I took my time just checking all the possiblities but managed to hide most of the wires quite nicely. The one piss off is the HD audio for the front panel can't be plugged in because it hits one of the GPU's keeping it from seating properly so thats out.

Now, I did manage to get the 8 pin and 24 pin done.....ok ok, not really, they are NZXT extensions I had left over but they look pretty good actually. Before anyone says anything about the PCI-E cables....yes, I am hoping to sleeve them! but at this point its kinda low on the list, I'm going to do some practise runs before attempting the real deal so maybe I'll start on them next week if I have time.

All thats left now is the leak testing for both loops which will have to wait until Monday along with hooking up the fans to the Rheobus, again hopefully Monday.
Attached Images

Old June 26, 2010, 05:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.... once you get it filled and running, we want a weight measurement.... :)

I thought my Cosmos S was stupid heavy coming in at 50 lbs, I suspect your beast is going to be up around 60 - 65 lbs (if not a lot more.... ;) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 26, 2010, 05:26 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Really nice system you have there!!
Old June 26, 2010, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Benchmarks! Benchmarks!
Old June 26, 2010, 07:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Couldn't you get a 5.25 bay audio panel (along with the crazy lights) and wire a wire from the rear panel to the front?

How bout one of those Lamptron fan controllers??? Very military look if you ask me with the flick switches!!!

-Plato