Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 18, 2010, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hm...Wow??? lol this is a big load of WC gear XD I like that:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old June 18, 2010, 01:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

gonna be a good one. good luck on your first year of business i just thought KKC was already up and running from your shipping labels.

1. Where are you so i can point people in your area too you if they ask
2. What are you doing all levels of tech,networking,data recovery or just custom builds. I ask because i only do custom builds and it's good to know what your offering

other good member doing his own thing cool ( still have the day job? )
Old June 18, 2010, 02:25 PM
Rookie

subbed haha

4 gtx480's! BEAST
Old June 18, 2010, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Put a 980X in there! Why hold back? You alreaedy have four GTX480's? Oh, time to up the air-conditioning in the shop
Old June 21, 2010, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I got things started today so here are a few more pics. I'm just doing some test fitting to see if this is going to go the way I planned it. Only got one 480 EK WB done because the HAF X arrived and I just had to tinker around with it One thing I really liked was that EK pre-cut the thermal pads for the RAM modules, not a big deal but a nice little touch

I should have the other 3 480's done tomorrow along with test fitting the rads, pumps and reservoirs, I'm a little concerned about fitting the pumps with the EK-Dual D5 2 Loop block so I may have to get creative to make everything fit.

The HAF X is pretty decent overall, sure its still that ugly industrial look but so far I'm liking most of the improvements/updates they done. I doubt I'll be using the hot swap bays though, looks like I'll need the room for the pumps and res's but I'll see how it all plays out before deciding. Most of the up top wiring will likely be gone as well, just the basics works for me

More updates as they happen
Attached Images

Old June 21, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
gonna be a good one. good luck on your first year of business i just thought KKC was already up and running from your shipping labels.

1. Where are you so i can point people in your area too you if they ask
2. What are you doing all levels of tech,networking,data recovery or just custom builds. I ask because i only do custom builds and it's good to know what your offering

other good member doing his own thing cool ( still have the day job? )
I'll send ya a PM with the info ginger in the next day or 2 ...I'll be doing builds, updates, some network and software related things for the most part. I'm staying away from data recovery mostly for insurance purposes.

Oh yeah...ummmm...never had a day job

Put a 980X in there! Why hold back? You alreaedy have four GTX480's? Oh, time to up the air-conditioning in the shop

I'd love too but at the moment the budget just isn't there, now if Intel would step up and sponsor me with a deal things might be different

Old June 21, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

Very nice Kruzn.. Just wondering maybe I should use thermal pads when I re-mount my FC block on the 4870 than putting thermal paste..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 22, 2010, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Very nice B......that is going to be one sexy build......hopefully the next round of Drivers will provide some better scaling for the Multi 480's..still holding me back from purchasing a 3rd. Saw the ST 1.5 kW on sale for $355 at DC....
Holding off on my WC transition as I just purchased a new Surround System for my Family Room and now have to "book" flights / Accom for our winter Mexico trip....we'll see how $$ is in Sept....

Without the 980x I'm sure your feeling it will be "crippled"...hahahahhaha.....I smell an I7 970....?.......Vantage P50K no worries!!!

Is that the same Rad Mount I linked to you?...if so you'll have to let me know how it worked out....as thats likely what I'd do with my TJ09...mount the Rad on the back for the 480's.....very nice!!!

Old June 22, 2010, 10:29 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I call lazy on the build!

Hehe, just kidding around - I was going to do the same when I put the 480 waterblock on, with the vrms or whatever, you just layed the entire thermal pad down.. cut them into three peices! and aren't those standoffs a pain in the ass!?

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 22, 2010, 05:32 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Bob;
I use a program called Recover My Files for data recovery. Works really well for me, and they keep it updated: Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files

We had a bunch of USB drives stolen from staff desks this year, and I was able to recover almost all files from the stolen drives. I also use it for staff's corrupted sticks as well. You can get them to sign a waiver or something, but the software does not write to the drive to recover files.
Fold for team #54196