Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2010, 06:18 PM
Rookie

Default Project "Veda" - Antec 1200 Build

Hello everyone, this is my first build and I thought I would share some of my progress on it. I'm doing a pretty simple build with the components listed below. I'm not doing anything too spectacular but I decided to sleeve all of the cables in my case, ie front panel, fans, etc. I'm doing a blue/black color theme and so my sleeving fits accordingly. I'm using "Clean Cut" for the black and "Flexo PET" for the neon blue. I might be doing a window mod as well but I'm not quite sure yet. I haven't yet purchased all my parts; need to wait for some more money.

Case: Antec 1200
PSU: Antec CP-850
Processor: i7-930 (Need To Get)
Ram: G.Skill 6GB Pi 6-8-6-20 (Need To Get)
Mobo: P6X58D-E
CPU Cooler: Prolimatech Megahalems + SFF21G
GPU: EAH5970? Unsure (Need To Get)
HDD: WD 1TB 6GB/s
SDD: OCZ Vertex LE 50GB
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD
Card Reader: Generic
Other: Kaze Server Fan Controller

Last edited by Kazushi Erukima; June 9, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:18 PM
Rookie

reserved.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
Rookie

2nd Reserved.
Old June 6, 2010, 06:19 PM
Rookie

3rd Reserved.
Old June 6, 2010, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'll be keeping an eye on this Kazushi The Antec 1200 was my first "enthusist" case and I loved it. I actully had mine in a box for 6 months and just gave it away to a friend yesterday; thats right gave it away. I actually kind of miss it, even though is was a P.I.T.A watercooling it, but it was my first case of that style.

Take your time, sleeve well, and do not compromise. If it takes you longer, so be it.

This should be exciting.

EDIT: To answer your question about the PSU, if it isnt plugged into anything, then there is no power to the motherboard/ components. You are simply powering only what it is plugged into. You are safe.
Old June 6, 2010, 11:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

to add on to what AmuseMe is saying, I'm think he's assuming that you are just jumping the power supply, like with a paper clip.

You should not plug the power supply into your mobo with no CPU or RAM and turn it on with the power button just to test your fans.

See this article if you dont know what i meant by "jumping" the psu How To: Jump Start A Power Supply (PSU) / Test A Power Supply And Components - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
Old June 9, 2010, 07:50 PM
Rookie

I've added some pictures. I didn't really take too many pictures of unboxing or anything, or much of the work being done. Kinda forgot too. I followed your guys advice to turn on the psu and it worked. All of my fans are in tip top shape. I'll add some more pictures when I get another chance.