Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2010, 11:24 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_man View Post
Just food for thought here.

Much personal experience with watercooling had taught me a lot about efficiency and cooling system theory. Might I suggest not having your GPU water blocks running in parallel.

Since your coolant will follow the path of least resistance. The flow coming from your entry port will likely send majority of your flowing coolant (forgive me if I am hard to follow) straight through to your 3 GPU and out the exit port. Basically I am implying that your third GPU is getting the best cooling out of the three cards. Yes there will be flow through the GPU 1 and 2 but it will be substantialy lower.

Not picking on your setup, it works great as it is. You probably would find a slight drop in temperature on your GPU's and "POSSIBLY" on your CPU and Bridge aswell due to a more consistant flow rate.

Food for thought.
Flow should be exactly the same between all three GPUs as the distance between the inlet on the first card and the exit on the third card is exactly the same distance and flow resistance through each GPU block. Flow will be lower throughout all three blocks but due to the slighter lower overall restriction of the loop the CPU should see a slight benefit of flow. And I just moved from serial to parallel and GPU temps didn't give any noticeably change in temperatures.
Old September 30, 2010, 12:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Fair enough.
Old September 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Nice system m8. Now you just need a dimastech bench to put it in :D Seriously tho, looks awesome
Old October 5, 2010, 11:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice work. Looks awesome
Old October 6, 2010, 04:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mind if I ask where you picked up the fusion io?

Sorry if it was said before, I skimmed a lot of peoples replies in here :P
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:10 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Mind if I ask where you picked up the fusion io?

Sorry if it was said before, I skimmed a lot of peoples replies in here :P
Fusion-IO has a store @ Amazon.com. I just don't think they sell the ioXtreme anymore.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ahh okay,

sweet... what'd that one cost, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Not 5 grand I hope ;/
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 6, 2010, 08:35 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Ahh okay,

sweet... what'd that one cost, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Not 5 grand I hope ;/
After duty and shipping it was about $1k.