Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2010, 07:21 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Looks beautiful Lowfat! Very well done
Old May 29, 2010, 08:22 AM

My System Specs

Yup my Classified is toast. Threw the stock cooling on and still will not power up. The bad thing is I can't RMA the board in all likelyhood since there is rubber eraser around the socket and it is damn near impossible to get all of it off.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh crap that sucks have notice a lot of these boards dieing maybe it's just everyone pushes them so hard ha ha sorry to hear it but know you have a reason to buy a new one. i always try to look to the bright side of things. so what's it gonna be?
Old May 29, 2010, 11:19 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
oh crap that sucks have notice a lot of these boards dieing maybe it's just everyone pushes them so hard ha ha sorry to hear it but know you have a reason to buy a new one. i always try to look to the bright side of things. so what's it gonna be?
I didn't push the board at all. 4.2GHz normally, 1.1875Vcore, 1.52Vdimm, all other voltages were normal or below normal.

Chances are I'll be buying another Classified E760 again. Or else I have a $160 waterblock that is never going to get used.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow that really sucks you didn't even stress it at all and ya the see your point about wasting a good water block. sorry about the Bad luck.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Yup my Classified is toast. Threw the stock cooling on and still will not power up. The bad thing is I can't RMA the board in all likelyhood since there is rubber eraser around the socket and it is damn near impossible to get all of it off.
At least call EVGA, I don't think they would sell a super-high-end Classified mobo and someone overclocked it. Can't say fro sure about the rubber eraser though.
Old May 29, 2010, 11:57 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
At least call EVGA, I don't think they would sell a super-high-end Classified mobo and someone overclocked it. Can't say fro sure about the rubber eraser though.
I'll try to RMA it still. But I don't think I'll be able to get the rubber eraser out of the socket area. It is horribly messy.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:29 AM

My System Specs

As the system sits currently. Installed an X58A-UD3R since I killed the E760 Classified. Would have bought the Classified3 but I got sick of not having a computer. Also installed an 8800GTS 640MB w/ an MCW60. I did this since my HD5970 is cold bugged and I needed extra heat dump in the loop in order to keep the HD5970 above 40C. Even w/ the fans off it is very difficult to do.

Ruffus expects to have cascade done by the end of the month, so hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a very large update coming.
Old June 24, 2010, 11:43 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

that looks wicked man...almost tempted to make my own testbench now, LoL...
Old June 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

That is gunna be one large and heavy box. My SS was over 75 pounds itself hehe