Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 07:13 AM
canDarian's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 35

My System Specs

Wink Almost Ready To Start 800D

Should hopefully be able to start this on Monday if my last shipment comes just been sleeving everything this week while I wait,few pics of my supply's so far.








The rest better be here Monday.

Last edited by canDarian; July 23, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 07:52 AM
AmuseMe's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lloydminster & Saskatoon
Posts: 1,587
Default

Looks like it is going to be a worthwhile build Give that FrozenQ res a really good look over. There have been some that have turned out really bad - croocked threadings (meanign the fittings dont fir perfect), and some have noticed cracked tube under the caps.
__________________
DEAD CA$H
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 08:09 AM
canDarian's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 35

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Looks like it is going to be a worthwhile build Give that FrozenQ res a really good look over. There have been some that have turned out really bad - croocked threadings (meanign the fittings dont fir perfect), and some have noticed cracked tube under the caps.
Ya I gave it a good once over at the store dry fitted some nozzles to test the fit,just rewiring and sleeving my memory lights.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 08:51 AM
steers's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 297

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDarian View Post
Ya I gave it a good once over at the store dry fitted some nozzles to test the fit,just rewiring and sleeving my memory lights.
What store are you buying your watercooling gear from in Waterloo?! Tell me your secrets!

Looks like it's gonna be a sweet build, can't wait to see how it turns out.
__________________
Balthasar - Loop: EK Multi 150 > MCP655 w/X-Top2 > Feser X-Changer 360 w/3x Panaflo 68cfm (push) > Heatkiller 3.0 > EK-FC275 > EK-FB Classified
Caspar - 2x Xeon E5504 | SuperMicro X8DAi | 12GB DDR3 | Radeon HD4850 | CM ATCS840
Melchior - Rev. A MacBook Pro | 2.0GHz Core Duo | 2GB DDR2 | Radeon X1600

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 09:18 AM
canDarian's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 35

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steers View Post
What store are you buying your watercooling gear from in Waterloo?! Tell me your secrets!

Looks like it's gonna be a sweet build, can't wait to see how it turns out.
Went to Rochester lol,

These guys are local though DazMode I almost always buy from a different province to save me the pst but I had a hell of a time finding a few items.

If you can drive over to Frozen thats the best way.Canada just sucks for buying modding supplies always limited stock and selection

Although NCIX is getting a bit better.

Map Here
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 10:27 AM
steers's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Posts: 297

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDarian View Post
Went to Rochester lol,

These guys are local though DazMode I almost always buy from a different province to save me the pst but I had a hell of a time finding a few items.

If you can drive over to Frozen thats the best way.Canada just sucks for buying modding supplies always limited stock and selection

Although NCIX is getting a bit better.

Map Here
Yeah, Daz is on the up and up too, so Canada's definitely improving. Visiting a store like FrozenCPU or Performance-PCs in person would be amazing, I'm sure. One day perhaps, once I graduate and can actually justify (read: afford) buying a car
__________________
Balthasar - Loop: EK Multi 150 > MCP655 w/X-Top2 > Feser X-Changer 360 w/3x Panaflo 68cfm (push) > Heatkiller 3.0 > EK-FC275 > EK-FB Classified
Caspar - 2x Xeon E5504 | SuperMicro X8DAi | 12GB DDR3 | Radeon HD4850 | CM ATCS840
Melchior - Rev. A MacBook Pro | 2.0GHz Core Duo | 2GB DDR2 | Radeon X1600

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 08:59 PM
AmuseMe's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lloydminster & Saskatoon
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDarian View Post
Ya I gave it a good once over at the store dry fitted some nozzles to test the fit,just rewiring and sleeving my memory lights.
Okay just checking. At another forum a user bought two red ones and they where both pink and the user called Alex out (after Alex [FrozenQ O/O] failed to refund him). He admitted that he released some "pink" coiled ones and once that got out, the users where looking at theirs and finding all sorts of issues Just looking out for fellow
__________________
DEAD CA$H
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 10:19 PM
canDarian's Avatar
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 35

My System Specs

Default

Just got finished at 1am rewiring sleeving and soldering my ram lights lol,I woulda taken pics but who wants to watch me inhale lead fumes

Ya as for Frozen they are using a new process from what I gather as of May 15th I think he said,if I was them I would use glass the sealing bond is a 1000x more stable with glass and 1/4 inch tempered glass is surprisingly resilient or an eighth which I think it is.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 10:43 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

wait memory lights..? lol
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 28, 2010, 10:54 PM
AmuseMe's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lloydminster & Saskatoon
Posts: 1,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canDarian View Post
Just got finished at 1am rewiring sleeving and soldering my ram lights lol,I woulda taken pics but who wants to watch me inhale lead fumes
I wanna see the sleeving.
__________________
DEAD CA$H
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start FAH, Stop FAH, Start FAH, FREEZE! frontier204 Troubleshooting 5 June 23, 2013 09:02 AM
Looking for the Corsair 800D MrDiaz Cases 2 April 1, 2010 03:34 PM
Project: 800D enaberif Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 20 March 9, 2010 12:06 PM
PC: 800D BobbyLou Off Topic 3 March 4, 2010 05:41 PM
800d or 3xSSD's kyle_L Off Topic 10 December 28, 2009 06:55 PM