Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20, 2010, 06:00 PM
Allstar

Thats awesome lowfat! Here is the new 120mm fan grill for the rear exhaust. The center portion of the grill rotates 360 degrees.

Old July 21, 2010, 05:05 AM
Rookie

i think diagonal looks the best.. IMO

Last edited by -InfiniteLoop-; July 22, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old July 21, 2010, 05:12 AM
Rookie

WOW.. this is effing awesome!!
Old July 21, 2010, 06:29 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

beyond amazing,when can i buy one!
Old July 22, 2010, 09:07 AM
Allstar

Thanks for the comments guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by -InfiniteLoop- View Post
i thing diagonal looks the best.. IMO
Yeah, thats I thought as well
Old July 23, 2010, 06:00 AM
Allstar

I covered the Corsair H50 lines with this anodized colored split loom made from polyethylene (plastic)

'

I ordered it from CableTiesandMore

Just a heads up before you order. Their sites states "molecular bonded to the tubing and will not flake, peel or chip off like other brands" but I did have some portions flake off while manipulating it to fit over the 2, water lines. I bought the chrome color version as well, this coating appears more durable than the Blue. I will swap the colors if the Blue flakes any further. I also had to phone them after waiting 4 days with no updates as to why my order wasn't processed. The other item on my order, these chrome cable ties were "out of stock" with no indication of this on their product page.

Me: (email) "Can you please tell us why it's taken 4 days to process our order?"

CableTiesandMore: We are currently out of stock on the item you ordered. As soon as inventory becomes availble we will ship your order ASAP. Thank-you for your patience

Me: Can you Please tell which item I ordered is Out of Stock and When it will be available? Please send the "In stock" items now.

They never replied, which prompted a call. I talked to a "Jen" in shipping and she told me she would ship the in stock item. She also told me she would email the tracking number that day and didn't. I had to call back the next day and ask for it. It's been 2 weeks since I ordered the cable ties and haven't been updated with any ETA on them.

So just a warning about this outfit. I'm sure you can find these items elsewhere if you search Google.
Old July 25, 2010, 10:11 AM
Allstar

I had a "Doh!" moment this week and discovered the fan grill I made for the PSU was too thick (3/16") and wouldn't allow the PSU to fit in the chassis because of the folded lip on the MB tray. I got ahead of myself and goofed :duh: I also doubt MSI will ever rotate the grill insert on it, so I made this 1/8" thick version without the rotating insert.

I mounted the PSU with these 6/32 anodized button head machine screws.

Old July 25, 2010, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Looking super good Bill. Your talent is outstanding, and really shows in all the builds you do :)
Old July 26, 2010, 07:35 AM
Allstar

Thanks for the find words and tuning and commenting AmuseMe
Old July 26, 2010, 03:58 PM
Allstar

I went back to the workshop, looked at the chrome tubing. I'm really doubting the paint will be worth the time and effort, it will likely chip off as well. Before I cut the Chrome loom to replace the flaking Anodized Blue loom, I decided to divert my focus and start polishing the top surface of the milled MSI logo (as per cheapskate's suggestion)

I used Mother's brand BILLET Polish and 1000 grit wet/dry automotive sandpaper and a terry cloth towel. Ignore all of the grime surrounding the logo, I'm re-painting both of the side panels with another Aluminum Silver Enamel paint.

Outdoors