Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2010, 12:44 PM
Allstar

Thanks for the comment ToB1. I will have another update very soon
Old June 4, 2010, 07:38 PM
Allstar

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/wolf/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]While deliberating about the side panels, I've re-installed Adamas factory PWR & RESET switches and NZXT's stealth Optical drive cover, also painted with the chassis. The "Fuzion" portion of the front logo will have Transparent Blue Acrylic behind it.

Re-installed the painted 5.25 bay sides

Old June 6, 2010, 09:56 AM
Allstar

I've replaced the factory feet on Adamas with these machined aluminum "diamond Knurl" case feet. These are cnc machined from 3/4" diameter 6061 aluminum. Base Diameter = 1- 3/4", Height = 1"

Old June 9, 2010, 07:46 AM
Allstar

I've been searching around the workshop for any 3/16" Transparent Blur acrylic pieces I have.. "I blame it on cheaps!" It was his suggestion of inserting the acrylic into the front design, altho I like idea of doing just the fractal portion, not the letters. I'm mounting round modders mesh behind the text, including the side panel for more ventilation.

Old June 12, 2010, 07:23 AM
Allstar

I did a 360 and decided the front logo would serve the system better as a cooling vent. This modified Scythe 5.25 Kama Bay 120mm fan unit will mount behind the logo.

I've been juggling between this project and others, which hopefully will explain the small updates.

Old June 14, 2010, 06:55 AM
Allstar

This project was a good excuse to use what remained of my Blue Anodized rivets from DragonModz. Unfortunately they stopped offering anodized rivets years ago. I asked the owner last week if he had any left in stock, they're all gone folks :(

You can get Black Pop Rivets from Mnpctech
Pop Rivets For Computer Cases

Copper Rivets

Pop Rivet Guns

Last edited by Mnpctech; July 22, 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old June 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
Allstar

MSI FUZION Motherboard

Corsair 800W, painted Silver aluminum with cables sleeved, fan temporarily removed while working on 140mm fan grill for this
Old June 22, 2010, 03:35 PM
Allstar

The colors look awesome so far with this build. I will try to stay on course with them! I just received some parts from PPCs.. Here are four 8" blue cold cathode lights, maybe more that I needed, but I'd like to experiment with some different lighting ideas....and this 120mm Enermax Apollish Twister fan (tiny leds remind me of UFO..lol) and will be mated to the Corsair H50's radiator.

I'm modifying this 140mm billet fan grill to fit the Corsair PSU, the frame overlaps it by 1/4"

8" Blue cold cathode lights from PPCs

Enermax Apollish Twister 120mm Blue Fan

Old June 22, 2010, 03:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

^^^ Did you sleeve those 8" Blue cold cathode lights from PPCs also? Looks hawt.
Old June 22, 2010, 11:38 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Looks great man! What kind of mill do you use in your shop if you don't mind me asking? Also, I've never seen anodized rivets, but they look cool. Might have to try anodizing a few myself and see if it turns out.