Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18, 2010, 06:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You are gonna be busy for the next 10 years with all HWC member that want you to make them a case XD this mod is already awesome! I bit to much MSI ( I can't understand their fake warrantybut off topic ) I suscribe here to see the final product! one more awesome mod from you!!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 18, 2010, 06:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Do you ever get tired of people telling you how awesome your mods are?

---
Bob - Core i3 530 | Gigabyte H55N-USB3 | 4GB DDR3 | Corsair H50 w/ TFC Triebwerk | Silverstone SG06
Old May 18, 2010, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by steers View Post
Do you ever get tired of people telling you how awesome your mods are?
Hope not because it wont stop today

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 26, 2010, 06:47 AM
Allstar

Thanks you for all of the comments guys

@misterlarry, we can do that!

@Digikid, well, it's for MSI!

@CroSsFiRe2009, between 8 - 10 hours.

@ToB1, HAAS 5 axis cnc mill.

@jcmaz, oh yes, portions must be painted.

@fishingfanatic, thank you!

@gingerbee, thank you for your support since day 1 ginger

@martin_metal_88, wasn't aware of that, but happy to be given the opportunity by MSI.

@steers, never! your comments are very appreciated, they fuel me onward!

Yesterday I made time to start prepping the background of the side panel design for paint. I cut sheets of Red Scotch-Brite pads by 3M various size pieces for getting into the small crevices.These pads work great for de-burring and polishing metal surfaces. You can use them on metals, woods, plastics, composites. I use them for prepping factory paint finishes for primer coats as well. For the bare aluminum, apply a self-etching primer base coat before the color coat. This allows for maximum adhesion to the bare metal surface. The color coat will be Silver Aluminum. This will be applied to the background of the panel to cover up the fine swirl marks.

Scotch-Brite General Purpose 3M Scotch-brite Pads

Old May 27, 2010, 10:10 AM
Allstar

Yesterday I sat down with my favorite roll of tape and Xcato knife and masked off raised portions of both side panels. I'm asked a lot about which masking tape I use for Mnpctech projects. I prefer to use 3M Scotch Green 233+ masking tape. It's highly conformable to curved surfaces on both metal and plastic. It has good adhesion in a large range of weather conditions. It will peel off without leaving any sticky residue. Most Auto Body Supply Stores should stock this tape. Otherwise it's readily available online. It has a premium price, but performs the best for most case modding applications. It may be hard to justify the cost of a premium tape, but I see it as an investment in protecting my work. I would rather spend $10.95 - $15.95 for a roll of 2" - 3" wide tape than replace or redo something that I scratched by accident.

latches were masked off after this photo was taken...

I'll be applying primer base coat this afternoon... will post another update soon!
Old May 27, 2010, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so cool i am msi fan myself just not a fan of there warranty ha ha great work
Old May 27, 2010, 11:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Really awesome build man! i love those msi coolers for the GPU.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old May 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

huh what's that a NZXT product? Not interested...

what's that a nzxt case mod by Bill? ok fiiiiine I'll subscribe (secretly getting excited)
Old May 27, 2010, 06:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Did a quick google search on this board and that oh-so-amazing Hydra technology this board is based around certainly isn't something to showcase at trade shows (at least until they fix it). Sick looking build so far. Don't paint the front bezel, please?
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Old May 28, 2010, 05:02 AM
Allstar

Here is one panel with SEM brand Black Self-Etching Primer coat I applied before handing panels off to Brad.

Silver Aluminum Color coat applied by Brad with HVLP spray gun.