Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2010, 10:00 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
Get an Hardware Labs SR1-240 Nothing wrong with the performance of Feser, it's just that the quality of build on the HWL radiators are far superior than that of the Feser. The Feser rads have a bad finish, or atleast on the one I own, and the few that my friends own as well. Also, the fins are verry delicate. Hell, the HWL is bult like a tank.

Good to hear that you removed that teflon tape
I m getting broke-r and broke-r................ just got one from NCIX to avoid the hassle getting one from US..... 1 left in NCIX, lol hopefully i got the good one.......if only Daz sells the HWL products as well, i woulda gotten one from him instead of waiting for shipping and probably delaying my watercooling setup
Old May 14, 2010, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

rads don't make that big of a difference at all were talking about a few degrees at most. i run car rads over high performance triple rads for computers before i spend a truck on a rad.
Can you notice the difference i can measure it with digital gauges but it never effects my overclock at all. hence why i am running a swiftech mcr320 it handles my overclocked 920 just fine. been water cooling for almost 4 or 5 years the easiest way to judge is size the bigger the rad the more it can handle simple. check out back in black from "squeetard"
Old May 14, 2010, 01:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
rads don't make that big of a difference at all were talking about a few degrees at most. i run car rads over high performance triple rads for computers before i spend a truck on a rad.
Can you notice the difference i can measure it with digital gauges but it never effects my overclock at all. hence why i am running a swiftech mcr320 it handles my overclocked 920 just fine. been water cooling for almost 4 or 5 years the easiest way to judge is size the bigger the rad the more it can handle simple. check out back in black from "squeetard"
lol too late....... so many different opinions... lol but, yah Daz said that his mcr220 didnt cool down his i7 enough.....
Old May 20, 2010, 10:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

So i just flushed my rad tonight.... hopefully i got this one right "hot" water from the tap for 10 mins, then a bottle of iso 99% alcohol, then distilled water at the end... right now i've sealed both holes with the bleeding/filling barbs i got from Daz. Will update tomorrow night... long weekend with my wife's siblings = more time to finish up this watercooling... LOL
Old May 21, 2010, 08:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_mo_t View Post
So i just flushed my rad tonight.... hopefully i got this one right "hot" water from the tap for 10 mins, then a bottle of iso 99% alcohol, then distilled water at the end... right now i've sealed both holes with the bleeding/filling barbs i got from Daz. Will update tomorrow night... long weekend with my wife's siblings = more time to finish up this watercooling... LOL
How long did this take you? Did you just zoom through it or did you let it soak a bit, and shake it like crazy? If it comes out clean, I guess it doesnt matter However, if you let that 99% soak, you would probably find a lot more flux as it would loosen it up a lot more - but so will running water through it in a closed loop
Old May 21, 2010, 08:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
How long did this take you? Did you just zoom through it or did you let it soak a bit, and shake it like crazy? If it comes out clean, I guess it doesnt matter However, if you let that 99% soak, you would probably find a lot more flux as it would loosen it up a lot more - but so will running water through it in a closed loop
Hummm running them through the tap water... 10 mins.... soaking with the iso99%...1 min i guess.. haha i didnt want to "eat" through the rad.... then i believe i shook them like crazy before the iso or during the iso.. i forgot.. then i just poured in distilled water...

I see clean transparent fluid though.. didnt see anything in there...humm i will redo it once again later... i ran out of that iso99%.. so... what's the steps again?

running hot tap water through open loop, then iso 99%... let it soak for how long? then shake that thang... then distilled water in open loop... that's it right?
Old May 23, 2010, 06:30 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
Can you notice the difference i can measure it with digital gauges but it never effects my overclock at all. hence why i am running a swiftech mcr320 it handles my overclocked 920 just fine.
+1. I totally agree.

With fan speed under 1800-2000rpm, they are all the same. Maybe 1/2 degre better or worst here and there, but... This graph says it all. SLI + OCed i7 920. Does the Feser at 2X the cost of the MCR320 is worth around 1/2 degree (0.7 precisely at 1800rpm)?

I now use MCR320 only with Gentle Typhoon at 1850 rpm. Price/performance ratio can't be beat. And the GTs are silent.

Old May 23, 2010, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Interestning how you fit your fill port. I was looking at the best way to do the same with mine. Keep on with good work and keep give us update!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 28, 2010, 10:24 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

first post updated!! will post finish photos tonight, then the OC part begin !! currently leak testing... up and running for 12 hours now!! no leak as yet.......
Old May 28, 2010, 03:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

update on post http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post376041