Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2007, 05:17 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
I don't think I've ever seen an internal USB / Firewire card before.... is there a stated purpose for it?
No, and the weird thing is at least half of the USB/firewire cards have them, no idea why.

Extra weird is that it has 2 internal USB headers to attach your front panel stuff (great if you have none or not enought on your mobo), but no firewire header, just the connector...

I bought it cause the ds3L mobo has no firewire and I use this comp with my camcorder, it also has external usb/firewire as well.

I thought my use for the extra internal slot was pretty good, it would be a whole lot cooler if readyboost made a difference

If anyone want to try it out my card was only like 12 bux brand new shipped off ebay...

Any ideas on cable management, or am I just too limited by the case/powersupply?
Old November 8, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donimo View Post
Any ideas on cable management, or am I just too limited by the case/powersupply?
Some cable sleeving would tidy things up a little
Old November 8, 2007, 09:05 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donimo View Post
I would start first by flipping front-to-back both HDDs, and have the cables at the back. That would clear those cables out of the way. Second, can you drop your DVD drive one slot? If so, you could put the excess cables on top of the dvd drive.
Old November 9, 2007, 11:02 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I would start first by flipping front-to-back both HDDs, and have the cables at the back. That would clear those cables out of the way. Second, can you drop your DVD drive one slot? If so, you could put the excess cables on top of the dvd drive.
both good points, the HDD's I did that way cause I was swapping between them for a bit (was short a SATA cable for a while), then forgot why I guess, done.

The dvd drive can totally drop a slot, good idea, thanks!

Will look for some sleeving, I have some PVC stuff left over from my car, might look ok, not as nice as that braided stuff, but I already own it

thnks!