Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2010, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm not trying to be a part pooper so I won't further comment about my ideas with Koolance I gave my 2-cents and that is that. As for the build, I am anxious to see more.
Old May 10, 2010, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late response on this log! I finally finished the system, after getting special barbs in, I've been running it for a few days and got some overclocks done. I'm pretty happy so far! Looking at some reviews it seems a single GTX 480 at the same voltage (1100mv) gets about 59-60C after 15-20 mins of Kombuster run.

With 2 GTX 480's, 1 GTX 280 and my NB on the loop I get a max of 66 C at the same voltage.

My Overclock on the GTX 480's are running @ 875/1750/4400 with my i7 965 @ 4.0 GHZ.

I'm assuming with a few hours of playing time I'll be at about 70C total on that loop which I'm very happy about. If I didnt have the GTX 280 or the NB on that loop It'll probably be at about 65-66C so I'm glad I put them on that loop!

Well here are my final pics:

Trying out some Red tubing, decided to go with all black.

Kombuster:

Old May 10, 2010, 07:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
As you can see here, the 120.3 Rad does'nt fit perfectly, the case is made for swiftech spacing, but works fine if you mount the middle fan properly!
I was just about to pull the trigger on this, what do you mean with 'as you can see'? You mean that all of the screw holes arent lining up right? And what do you mean by 'it works fine if you mount the middle fan properly!'??

On another note, it looks like an amazing build!
Old May 10, 2010, 08:08 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
I was just about to pull the trigger on this, what do you mean with 'as you can see'? You mean that all of the screw holes arent lining up right? And what do you mean by 'it works fine if you mount the middle fan properly!'??

On another note, it looks like an amazing build!
The spacing for a PA 120.3 or any Thermochill rad does not work in a 800D. But it works fine if you simply screw only the middle fan. As you can see in the pic I dont have all the screws in only the 4 for the middle fan.
Old May 10, 2010, 08:44 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Ugh. Damn you Feser for going out of business! I guess Ill try to pick one up locally. I dont like the idea of my rad only held up by 4 screws....
Old May 11, 2010, 09:41 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
The spacing for a PA 120.3 or any Thermochill rad does not work in a 800D. But it works fine if you simply screw only the middle fan. As you can see in the pic I dont have all the screws in only the 4 for the middle fan.
What version of the rad do you have? The new versions have the 15MM spacing which should be fine with the 800D. The older Thermochills had the weird spacing and have issues with most cases.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:34 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogg View Post
What version of the rad do you have? The new versions have the 15MM spacing which should be fine with the 800D. The older Thermochills had the weird spacing and have issues with most cases.

It works fine for me. Sure it doesnt line up all of them. but Its been in there for weeks now with no issues. I made sure that there would be no problems. On top of that, I had a MM case before this and im assuming the 15mm spacing wouldnt work for that as the front is made for thermocihll spacing.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
Rookie

Thanks for pasting those GPU clocks, & temperatures. Tell me do you think you would have to do get the temperatures to the 5x-6xᵒC range? Would a push/pull fan setup do it? Would have to go stacked rads or perhaps a different rad entirely?
Old May 11, 2010, 02:07 PM
Top Prospect

Well I have 3 GPU's and a NB block in the loop. If i dont overclock then my temps dont go past 55. I go up 10 C by overclocking.