Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
MVP

have to add about another 15%for canadian prices, lol
currently 350 at newegg canada for your board, your particular buy for procs he doesnt say he's shipping to canada, but if he did, ((62*4)+12(approximated cheap end shipping))*1.1..about 300 bucks for procs
ram would run about 70 bucks per stick (about 560), OS, PSU, mounting system
about 1500...yes, its still cheap, but unfortunately, I'm a poor college student at the moment
Old March 12, 2010, 01:41 AM
Banned
F@H

im more interested by the prices he got them then the system as a whole. 80 bucks for a 1kw psu? how bad is it lol!
Old March 12, 2010, 08:11 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
I'm a poor college student at the moment
Summer is coming around. You better be trying to get an intership. I was making $55k year while I was an intern. You really need to do this reguardless in order to find a job once you are out. If you do good on your intership they may keep you part-time, and hirer you when you graduate.

Save your money, and stop browsing forums in class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
im more interested by the prices he got them then the system as a whole. 80 bucks for a 1kw psu? how bad is it lol!
At least 4 rails, 1000w, and 2 8pin EPS were my requirements. It was on sale through a perferred customer page for an additional $50 off. The orginal price was $200ish, but it was definately a risk buying that unit. But I dont have any video cards or add-ins. I will measure the wattage I am using and report back (once I get the tool). It seems to be stable, but I do worry.

Last edited by whited; March 12, 2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old March 12, 2010, 11:18 AM
MVP

I have been trying to get an internship, atm, there are only about 2 companies in the entire industry that I'm going into that are even thinking of hiring, and both of those are survey companies; and I have no interest in doing surverying
Old March 12, 2010, 12:03 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
I have been trying to get an internship, atm, there are only about 2 companies in the entire industry that I'm going into that are even thinking of hiring, and both of those are survey companies; and I have no interest in doing surverying
Whats your major?
Old March 12, 2010, 12:09 PM
MVP

CADD technical illustrator, currently a first year (of a 2 year program)
Old March 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Top Prospect

When you said surveys I thought maybe you where CS and where creating forms online for surveys, or you where math and where doing statistics on results.

By survey you mean landscape surveys. I don’t think that is a bad option for an internship. Typically it is only 3 months, it gets your foot in a door, and you narrow down your final dream job.
Old March 12, 2010, 01:45 PM
Banned

What is the gun for? Gonna shot it if it does not work???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 12, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm hoping that isn't real steel...would be a bit unsafe keeping that lying around

Old March 12, 2010, 06:53 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm hoping that isn't real steel...would be a bit unsafe keeping that lying around
Probably is though I am not 100%. ANd thats strange considering the amount of steel I have touched.

Good build.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com