Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18, 2007, 07:54 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I never found that adding a drain was required - I always found a way to drain the system, like locating the res to the lowest point of the system and opening the fillport.

Also, regarding the use of "grease" on o-rings, everybody should be very careful. I totally agree that using "grease" will help in installing an o-ring, but I disagree with the information given by Swiftech. We don't know the material of the o-ring - usually it's Buna-N (Neoprene). If that's the case, then Vaseline ("grease") would do the trick.

But use Vaseline on natural rubber o-rings, and you can say goodbye to your rig - and say hello! to many, many leaks. Personally, I won't use any type of "grease" on the o-rings until I know the exact material used.

John
Old October 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I never found that adding a drain was required - I always found a way to drain the system, like locating the res to the lowest point of the system and opening the fillport.

Also, regarding the use of "grease" on o-rings, everybody should be very careful. I totally agree that using "grease" will help in installing an o-ring, but I disagree with the information given by Swiftech. We don't know the material of the o-ring - usually it's Buna-N (Neoprene). If that's the case, then Vaseline ("grease") would do the trick.

But use Vaseline on natural rubber o-rings, and you can say goodbye to your rig - and say hello! to many, many leaks. Personally, I won't use any type of "grease" on the o-rings until I know the exact material used.

John
Totally agree Charlie.
If anything i put some plumbers goop on the treads before i tighten then, that gives a good seal.
If i only use an oright i tighten it to about 3/4 the pressure.
Thightening the oring all the way down could cause it to deform and cause leaks.
A slight 1/4 turn after the oring contacts the res/waterblock etc. will do the trick.

Ive tried ALOT of ways to prevent leaks with parbs and orings, plubers goop is the best so far, remember to give it a few hours to dry after you apply it.

Old October 21, 2007, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
If you want one, and don't put it in now, you'll hate yourself when the time comes to drain the system........ :)
Well got it completly stripped down ( will post some pics later )everthing out of the case , it needed a good cleaning anyways, the PSU fan was well dusty as hell.

Did a placement "Test" and got all my tubeing cut and wraped with the smartcoils, pump is installed, lol how hard is 2 bolts and a stickypad
The rad is going to be a bit tricky to install not size wise just awkward to install, res has been placed but not fully installed as I need to get behind it yet.

Did a bunch of rerouting to some case cabling usb/front panel.

I am going to order up a T-fitting later tonight and I forgot a set of chrome fittings for the res, the stock plastic look like crap IMO. So wont get it finished until next weekend.

So until then I am stuck on the wifes AXP2000 T-Bred rig, GG she needs a upgrade, funny how it didnt bother me until now

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 21, 2007, 07:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, you're still going to have yours together a lot sooner than I get mine finished.

I'm off to Ontario for a course, and won't be back to finish it until close to the christmas season.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 21, 2007, 09:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Keep up the good work Supergrover!

Looking forward for more pics :)
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
- Ultra X3 1000 Watt
- Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
- Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
- Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
- CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
- Dell UltraSharp 24''
- Noctua NH-D14
Old October 25, 2007, 07:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well somebody somewhere loves me.

I was 2" short on my Tygon tubing, I ordered 10' but 5' was on backorderer, first the ETA was the 16th then on the 23rd NCIX informed me it would be late Oct before it shipped.

Long story short it was on my doorstep when I got home from work.
Muha-ha-ha

Just got to install the last piece of tubeing and test it for leaks.

Wont be tonight :(

Still have to upload those picks but will wait and do it from mine when I am back up and running.

Damn I feel like a crack junkie with out his fix.

Oh and the damn cat got my hoseclamp and IDK what he did with it but he anit talking and it's nowhere to be found.

" Oh just let him play, he's haveing fun" , I told you, it would go missing......

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old October 25, 2007, 07:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Must kill cat............

Oops... sorry was that my outside voice?????

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old October 25, 2007, 08:14 PM
Allstar

The cost of the Tygon tubing at NCIX is highly inflated due to border fees. You should try Welcome to Sidewinder Computers - Your Supplier of High Quality PC Modding and Cooling parts

I got 10 feet for $20.00! ($25.00 shipped)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Well somebody somewhere loves me.

I was 2" short on my Tygon tubing, I ordered 10' but 5' was on backorderer, first the ETA was the 16th then on the 23rd NCIX informed me it would be late Oct before it shipped.

Long story short it was on my doorstep when I got home from work.
Muha-ha-ha

Just got to install the last piece of tubeing and test it for leaks.

Wont be tonight :(

Still have to upload those picks but will wait and do it from mine when I am back up and running.

Damn I feel like a crack junkie with out his fix.

Oh and the damn cat got my hoseclamp and IDK what he did with it but he anit talking and it's nowhere to be found.

" Oh just let him play, he's haveing fun" , I told you, it would go missing......
Old October 25, 2007, 08:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

Also try Petrastechshop.com, just placed an order from there.
There tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD is 3.25 per foot. But shipping costs are great!
You have to email them for a quote, i got 10 feet of tygon and 10 feed of masterkleer!
and a whole bunch of other stuff, $22 shipping cost!!!
Cant beat that! Specially with the CAN$ > US$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankerfx View Post
The cost of the Tygon tubing at NCIX is highly inflated due to border fees. You should try Welcome to Sidewinder Computers - Your Supplier of High Quality PC Modding and Cooling parts

I got 10 feet for $20.00! ($25.00 shipped)
Thats the 5/8in. OD i believe at that price. I like the thickest wall :) which is 3/4" OD.
Prevents kinks.

Last edited by Apollo4g; October 25, 2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old November 2, 2007, 11:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Alright great night got everything ready for leak test primed the loop with coolant jumped the PSU and.......... nada nothing, Oh man I am soooooo ****ing mad right @ this second.

So now I have to RMA the pump another delay, IDK my forey into watercooling is turning into a major PITA, from missing items in my shipment to backordered parts this has been a nightmare. going to pull the whole thing out, I am not waiting for a RMA without my main anymore, heck @ this point it's do I smash the rest of the parts or just sell them off?...... If the night keeps going likr this I say Destroy!
lol

And no @ no point was the pump live withoput coolent I hadn't even takenthe twistie off the power leads nefore the loop was primed.

Damn, just Damn.

Quote: