Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2010, 10:33 AM
Allstar
F@H

Lucky you! I wish the computers I got to build for people had that kind of specs.. everyone wants the best stuff for the cheapest prices. It makes me sad. Congrats on finding the perfect customer... so far.

Old February 20, 2010, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The main reason for going with the 1200w is because he will likely add either another 5870 or go to a pair of 5970's or possibly a pair of fermi's when they come out, either way he should be covered for the future

Old February 20, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

i take a pic of every pc i build/sell...i actually take pic with customer name/date(but i dont post them),it really helps them with insurance if thing should go wrong..
EG: customer picked up new build i gave them all recipients ,they went home put pc in house still in box and went to party.came home ...house had been robbed all pc's/tv's/ ..ppl dont keep recipients here,no idea why..so the only proof they had of having the pc is my word and the 1 pic i took..which got them insurance for it..

nice looking parts bob :)

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old February 20, 2010, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterd View Post
Lucky you! I wish the computers I got to build for people had that kind of specs.. everyone wants the best stuff for the cheapest prices. It makes me sad. Congrats on finding the perfect customer... so far.
ditto
need some big builds here....ppl dont wanna pay tho..i got a job today...only $400 so i make a bill if im lucky

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"

Old February 20, 2010, 03:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm the same way for the same reasons Jay, although I haven't heard of anyone getting robbed or fires or anything thank goodness, I always take pics of the builds I do (although I don't usually post pics), both for the buyer and for me. I find it helps if I can show potential customers what I've built in the past, its a good confidence booster for the customer knowing that I actually do know what I'm doing (most of the time..lol). It also lets me keep a record so if he/she calls a year later I can look back and remember what I built, helps with the oldtimers memory loss..lol.

I have been pretty lucky with my clientele and the high end builds but I do get my share of mid to low end as well, it all balances out in the end and frankly?...I just enjoy building the darn things

Old February 20, 2010, 04:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I'm the same way for the same reasons Jay, although I haven't heard of anyone getting robbed or fires or anything thank goodness, I always take pics of the builds I do (although I don't usually post pics), both for the buyer and for me. I find it helps if I can show potential customers what I've built in the past, its a good confidence booster for the customer knowing that I actually do know what I'm doing (most of the time..lol). It also lets me keep a record so if he/she calls a year later I can look back and remember what I built, helps with the oldtimers memory loss..lol.

I have been pretty lucky with my clientele and the high end builds but I do get my share of mid to low end as well, it all balances out in the end and frankly?...I just enjoy building the darn things
Nothing quite like hitting the power button for the first time.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 21, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Updated with more pics (see 1st post)

Now if only the Dom GT's would get here to complete the build
I'm hoping to borrow a stick of RAM from chriskwarren tomorrow so I can at least give this puppy a test run since the GT's are probably about 2 wks away. Overall I'm pretty happy with it considering wire management is limited with the TJ10, I tried my best to at least have the wiring look neat and tidy, I have a couple of ideas I'm going to try to see if I can get it even cleaner but it still came out pretty good.

Old February 21, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Pulling air in with the H50, or blowing out?
Old February 21, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I went with pulling in for now, I'll have time to try it pushing out as well to see which has the best results. I'd like to hear how others have it set up and what their results are so please feel free to comment

Old February 21, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
I went with pulling in for now, I'll have time to try it pushing out as well to see which has the best results. I'd like to hear how others have it set up and what their results are so please feel free to comment
Thats what I would like to know. Looking forward to your test.