Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19, 2010, 10:31 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

If you can put the parts in a room to dry and close the door so the cat can't get in a cause damage.
Old February 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

For now, while the paint is really wet, I'm going to close the door that divides the front and back halves of the house and put the cat back there with m brother until I get home from work. By then it'll be dry to the touch and I'll be able to put it somewhere less prone do damage.
However, looks like my luck is just staying aboard the shit train. Even though I cleared the nozzle after every coat, the nozzle is sucking hard and is dripping everywhere without putting out much spray. I think this is the last time I use Krylon, because you can't get a good finished project if the nozzle doesn't work right. The Rustoleum stuff I used on my HAF gave me zero issues and cost a dollar more.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Did you try putting the can in luke warm water for about 10-20 mins. This helps with paint coming out in blotches. Also try using a small piece of wire to clear the nozzle. Myself I hold the can upside and spray it till it comes out clear. I also picked up one of those plastic spray triggers from Crappy Tire, it helped me with putting even pressure on the nozzle.
Old February 19, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC_Commando View Post
Did you try putting the can in luke warm water for about 10-20 mins. This helps with paint coming out in blotches. Also try using a small piece of wire to clear the nozzle. Myself I hold the can upside and spray it till it comes out clear. I also picked up one of those plastic spray triggers from Crappy Tire, it helped me with putting even pressure on the nozzle.
I cleared the nozzle every time by spraying upside down, and I tried picking anything out of the nozzle with a small needle. I haven't tried putting it in water, but I guess it's worth a try.
As for the trigger, I have one from my previous project and gave up on it shortly after with this can. The nozzle sprays the paint horizontally and with a very wide spread, so the front part of the trigger was just getting soaked with paint and not letting much out.
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old February 20, 2010, 05:33 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hopefully this works out for ya. I do a lot of painting on other things, I decided to get a HVLP gravity fed spray gun from Home Depot for $30.00 that I attach to my compressor and have switched to automotive paint. I would not recommend this if you do not have a compressor or do not do a lot of painting.
Old February 20, 2010, 05:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

have painted many a keyboard in my day hell i even use to paint the keys but people say they can't find keys this way. and automotive paint is the best for computer stuff it's all i use
plasti-kote stole this idea from mnpctech ha ha
Old February 20, 2010, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC_Commando View Post
...HVLP gravity fed spray gun...compressor...automotive paint
Ah, if only. As of now I'm done with the colour part even though I have a tiny part that is still kinda messed up. I need to find some Krylon Fusion clear coat now because the Wal Mart I got this from didn't have it and I have a feeling the stuff I have isn't going to work too well. (Mainly due to being a different brand and complete different purpose)
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old February 20, 2010, 12:09 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Try Canadian Tire.
Old February 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
Allstar
F@H

you need the mods to change the title of this thread to Slow and Hard G15 Color Changing.
haha, J/K

Old February 20, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
you need the mods to change the title of this thread to Slow and Hard G15 Color Changing.
haha, J/K
Yeah, I'm actually doing a test fit right now. No keys are sticking so I'm happy. I'll take a picture of it when I get it screwed together to make 100% sure.
Code:
<firebane> slightly used