Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 29, 2011, 02:50 PM
Top Prospect

I have not had much time this due to being at work... it is not that bad though, the pay checks are paying for MNU to be put in the fast lane :)

Due to the addition of the 1.5mm aluminium plate below the door I have to move the hinges up a little bit in order to allow the door to open properly. The hinges are screwed onto these little plastic things. So I broke out a craft knife and some sandpaper and removed enough material for it to open most of the way. It is not quite there yet so the door is staying shut for now, will hopefully be able to spend enough time on it to get it to open properly without nicking the paint.

There is still one more layer of paint to go on before a coat of clear. and will need to put a few layers on the back of the panel to make sure there is NO black still visible!

I have of course not forgotten all my sponsors of this project!

Thanks Fractal Design, NZXT, MNPCTECH and TM3!!!
Old August 6, 2011, 11:43 AM
Top Prospect

Hello there folks!

I am back again with another days work.

Earlier in the week I helped my dad out with running a few cables across the living room for surround sound and Sky, in trunking. After there was a few meters spare and I thought it would be perfect for the reinforcing on the window. So while it was still sunny outside I camped out there and chopped out the appropriate bits of trunking with some nice 45 angles.

I will need to do a fair bit of touching up with filler to get this bit perfect but looks pretty cool already :) The concept has bars going over the window as well as mesh. A piece of 6mm doweling is perfect for the bars. 3 bars will do the job? I think so.

After having a bit of fun drilling into the trunking we have this. Pretty happy with it actually!

Next up is the panel for the radiator to be attached too, has now been riveted on - yes I know they are not perfect... and primed along with MNPCTechs billet case feet and fan grill and the first coat of white primer on the motherboard side panel.

Finally inorder to make the case feet fit.. I needed to take a little bit out of the holder for the PSU dust filter.

Until next time... Mod on :)

Old August 17, 2011, 05:44 AM
Top Prospect

Update time!

I have no idea what I have been up to this weekend... but I have unfortunately not manage to get much done. But it is all moving forward right?

I decided for this weeks task to work on the front panel, trying to stick to the original plan I am going to make the front window protection screen. The concept drawing has steel strips going across the windscreen so I decided to do that on the front panel too :) I have made good use of the spare trunking lying about the house!

All the bits I need...

The glued up external frame drying.

A quick coat of paint, and as always it shows up all the imperfections... I will get that sorted out tomorrow!

While watching paint dry I decided to paint up another panel the panels are now almost all white!

But overlooking the primer fuzz and some other random marks this is what it will roughly look like on the panel. However, I will be adding some modders mesh to break up the white :)

Old August 22, 2011, 12:01 PM
Top Prospect

Well it has been a week of rain... so I have not managed to do much of the stuff that needs done, painting mostly.

I have managed to get 2 get the feet and 2 of the panels finished and cleared. :)

Only a few pictures today, but will update more tomorrow (hopefully).

Old August 22, 2011, 08:19 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Progress looks awesome! Can't wait to see it finished :)
Old August 23, 2011, 11:22 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassthumper21 View Post
Progress looks awesome! Can't wait to see it finished :)
Thanks dude, will hopefully be finished soon :)
Old August 23, 2011, 04:34 PM
Top Prospect

It is update time already... :D

I now have something that looks like a case again!!!!

Painting the black bits... watch this space

Now I have some black 3mm pop rivets, all the bits and pieces of the chassis are painted.

After using a TON of dome head rivets, countersunk rivets... we have this! Yes the whites are not quite exact but the grill and front panel still need to be cleared...

Once again, thanks to Fractal, MNPCTECH, NZXT, TM3 :)
Old August 29, 2011, 04:04 PM
Top Prospect

Update time! I had some fun fun today with copper pipe, filler, a mouse sander, fiberglass spacers, primer, and paint.

In the middle of the copper pipe is a wooden dowel, which will have a screw going into it from the case, this is simply held in place by the wonderful thing called body filler - mud, bondo, or what ever you want to call it!

After 30 minutes with my favourite toy the mouse sander I have 2 shiny ready to be painted copper pipes.

Now I have had some fun with primer and black paint we have the roll bars on MNU, I decided to assemble the case as it stands at the moment... the sidepanels need a few more coats and clear as do the front panel and grill and of course having to add the stuff to the front panel and window!

Old October 21, 2011, 04:55 AM
Top Prospect

I have some awesome news! EK Waterblocks have been kind enough to sponsor this project!!! The package is on its way from Slovenia now, so some pretty pictures to follow.

The project has also made its away 1000km to my flat in Glasgow from the parents house in Brussels - thanks dad!

So here is the project as it stands.

Thanks for watching! This mod will hopefully see the end soon :P
Old November 5, 2011, 12:10 PM
Top Prospect

Hey all!

A quick supply drop :) MNPCTech and EK!

Some 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Film and some bolts from MNPCTech

I am going to cover both my mouse and keyboard in the Di-Noc! :)

From EK a bunch of waterblocks and fittings. Will get more pictures from them when I can!