Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2010, 10:38 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
Intriguing!!!!!!!!!

hehe, looking forward to cutting on it too :)
Old March 24, 2010, 09:16 PM
Top Prospect

Did you buy or make those feet?
Old March 24, 2010, 09:19 PM
Top Prospect

Are you going to mount some guns on it???!???!?!??! Please do!
Old March 24, 2010, 09:19 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by whited View Post
He mentioned somewhere that they were from MNPCTech. Computer Case & Stereo Audio Component Feet
Old March 25, 2010, 02:37 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
He mentioned somewhere that they were from MNPCTech. Computer Case & Stereo Audio Component Feet
SugarJ got it in one. They are MNPCTech's Case Feet, I got them a few years ago for a mod and have used them on every mod since, although I think I may need to purchase another pair soon! They are awesome!

Quote:
Are you going to mount some guns on it???!???!?!??! Please do!
I was going to in the original drawings.... however, I live in the UK and getting my hands on an air-soft or even a replica while I am under 18 is practically impossible! Ultimately though, I feel the design looks better without one.
Old April 12, 2010, 09:22 AM
Top Prospect

It is update time! Yes, I said it! UPDATE time! I had a nice knock on the door today, from the couriers... and what did they drop off at my door? The Fractal Design Define R2 which this mod is now based on. As you may have gathered I am ever so slightly hyper about the fact and for that reason, I am going to let the pictures talk rather than attempting to put how I feel about this case in words...

This case is pretty awesome, as many people have expressed the panels are a bit thin in some places and is not the lightest case in the world but when you remove the side panels which have the Bitumen sound damping material the case is not that heavy at all!

Now that I have taken the before pictures... I think it is just about time for me to get closer to the “after” pictures, eh? I am hoping to have another update in the next few days if not you lot need to start pestering me, OK? Right now that you have accepted your mission it is time for me to accept mine, and break out the Jigsaw and drill and start stripping this B-E-A-U-tiful case down and start prepping the surfaces for painting and cutting.

But, before I do that it is time for me to say thanks to Fractal Designs for giving me the opportunity to cut on one of their cases! THANKS!

Cheers

Last edited by Kylevdm; September 1, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old April 12, 2010, 11:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Love the NZXT sleeving (yes it isn't as good as doing it yourself I know!). Ordered myself the motherboard and CPU extension cables yesterday!
Old April 13, 2010, 03:22 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musabi View Post
Love the NZXT sleeving (yes it isn't as good as doing it yourself I know!). Ordered myself the motherboard and CPU extension cables yesterday!
But! You do not have to strip down the PSU etc which is more effort then it is worth when it comes to the HX750! Could see this happening... "So many black cables... are they all grounds?" lol
Old April 18, 2010, 04:48 PM
Top Prospect

Well I promised you an update... unfortunately it is nowhere near as big as I first hoped! Well to be honest it is not much of an update at all more just a few pictures of the case stripped down and some photographs of the tubing that I will be using in the machine.

The chassis without all the plastic!

the 3 bits that are make the front panel

the fractal case has 2 sets of hole for watercooling... I am trying to work out the best way to cover them up or utilize them.

The entire case is held together with black pop rivets ... I am going to attack them with a drill this week :)

the white XSPC tubing

I may as well inform you what my plans are for the front panel... Well it is more of a, can you help situation. I want to keep the same design but change it in some way to allow me o still open and close the door which is a fundamental feature of the case. I was thinking of potentially just increasing the size of width of the bull bar to all the door to open without blocking it in anyway. You have any ideas?

It is time for me to say thanks to Fractal Designs for giving me the opportunity to cut on one of their cases and to NZXT for their premium cables which are now on there way!! THANKS!

Cheers

Last edited by Kylevdm; September 1, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old April 19, 2010, 07:38 AM
MVP
F@H

Can't wait to see this build.

EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard $80 + Qualitas 73GB 10k SCSI $30