Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 19, 2010, 12:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh my god MDPC-X is awesome. Nils was kind enough to even throw in some extra MDPC red - accent colour anyone?

Awww yeah, that's me alright!

And sleeving the NZXT sentry fan cables.

Very, very simple lighting "setup" this time - little white glass tile on a white window sill (which is roughly 6 inches wide too!). Sorry for no high-quality macro shots, as I don't have any pentax macro equipment.

MDPC sleeve makes anything look sexy (although the IU101's black PCB and excellently sleeved cable not shown were hardly lacking in the first place).

Overall I am extremely happy with the MDPC-X sleeve. And for $50 for 100+ feet it was cheaper than the stupid techflex from Performance-PCs I bought in the first place!

I am working on finishing the Sentry as we speak. MDPC sleeving is much more time consuming than Techflex because it takes some work to get tension on the sleeve which gives you that non-see-through look.

Sorry for the rather short update! You can thank the following for making this eye-candy possible...

Bill Owen and MNPCTech

And Victoria from NZXT. My plans with the IU101 should start coming into fruition soon!

Old August 21, 2010, 07:32 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Love the switches and radiator placement... I set up a similar panel on my Rv01 with momentary switches to eject the stealth optical drives. Water cooling setup should be sweet too. Looking forward to it.
Old August 21, 2010, 10:14 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Last time I checked this log you were still working on a green mobo, today I decided to check back and wow I can't believe what I've missed lol! Do you get any fan buzz from that sentry 2 or did nzxt fix that? I had a sentry 2 before and it made every single fan motor I had run with a buzzing sound, hope you don't get any problems after all that sleeving :) Awesome sketch by Nil. Excellent work sushi warrior, subscribed and waiting for more :D
Old August 23, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieAttack27 View Post
Love the switches and radiator placement... I set up a similar panel on my Rv01 with momentary switches to eject the stealth optical drives. Water cooling setup should be sweet too. Looking forward to it.
Ooh, that is an awesome idea! I cheated with a case door though

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
Last time I checked this log you were still working on a green mobo, today I decided to check back and wow I can't believe what I've missed lol! Do you get any fan buzz from that sentry 2 or did nzxt fix that? I had a sentry 2 before and it made every single fan motor I had run with a buzzing sound, hope you don't get any problems after all that sleeving :) Awesome sketch by Nil. Excellent work sushi warrior, subscribed and waiting for more :D
I haven't had any problems with the Sentry. It works nice, the screen is good and the touch-interface is better than most. AFAIK the fan buzz was a bit more of a problem with fans than the controller. Maybe NZXT tested their 120RB's with it specifically? I tried it out today and it was fine.

I love his doodles Half the reason I got MDPC-X?
Old August 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Pretty nice sushi. Carry on with this workblog. It will, for sure, be a nice work here. Make this Whisper sexy as hell!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old August 30, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not quite teasers, not quite full shots :lol:

None of this would be possible (well, maybe just a bit) without the amazing folks at NZXT and Bill Owen and MNPCTech!

Old September 1, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

And the project moves on. After a few months of use and, well, neglect, the system is due for an overhaul. I am upgrading to i5 and continuing to add to the rig. Hopefully I'll also be able to score a modular PSU (the TX750's mass of wires is killing the cable management so badly I don't even want to show it).

The current project is painting a USB wifi adapter (for use internally with the IU101 with NZXT) as well as an external HDD I have in a Vantec enclosure to match the case. After that I have my eyes set on possibly painting my Deathadder white (anybody have any experience with how well paint sticks on such a finish? I'm worried it will all rub off) and finishing some sleeving that I have prolonged far too long.

I would have some pics to share, however somehow all 4 sets of rechargeable AA batteries (yes, 16 batteries) have somehow ended up dead without me noticing. And I thought I had enough backups to last forever XD I guess that's the problem.

As always, thank you so much to the wonderful folks at NZXT and Bill Owen from MNPCTech. I promise we'll see more done with what you sent me Bill! :P

Old September 2, 2011, 08:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Man this looks brilliant!

Corsair 550d
Intel i5 Quad Core 2500k @4ghz
GTX 570
Asus
Corsair HX 750W
G.Skill sniper 2x4GB
OCZ Agility Series 60GB SSD
Old September 2, 2011, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbay View Post
Man this looks brilliant!
Thanks! With any luck it'll only get better too

Today, I felt purple-y. And also wanted to take some pretty pictures.

A huge thanks goes out to NZXT for the IU101 internal USB hub, as well as Bill Owen from MNPCTech!

Old October 21, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

WE HAVE SLEEVING!....

Well? I think it's pretty damn well done if I do say so myself! Just one problem which we shall get to in a moment...

Yuuuummy Click for bigger!

Absolutely delicious red colour just beautiful, thank you so much Neils for the freebie!

Just look at that. Even at macro-scale it is absolutely perfect. No more techflex crap for me!

Look at the difference!... Oh wait. You may ask, why is there techflex still next to it? It almost looks... half MDPC half techflex... some kind of frankensleeving... Well all I have to say to this is that I am not a very fast sleever and I don't have much time either but I was so overdue on showing you guys the progress I figured I'd have to take pics of something!

Just look at the difference, MDPC has over 3x denser weave :o

Look familiar? :)

Tada! She's a beaut, if I do say so myself. Who woulda thought ThermalTake would ever manage to design something so... tasteful.

Aaaaaaand lights off.

Better view of my pathetic progress

Should be done in a few days at the pace I've been working back up to recently.

Aaaaand another shot of the WiFi adapter. Just because. I like taking pretty pictures.

So, that about sums it up for the past while. As you may be able to tell, red is the new accent colour. I am looking for a way to somehow change the blue trim on the Alchemy to red easily, which doesnt appear to be very easy... As well, the blue LCD on the poster would be nice to change to red while I'm at it. In the bigger picture of things, i5 upgrading is at a standstill. I am saving for university, and at this rate I'm gonna be lucky if I can afford it, i5 is just gonna have to wait until I have more cash to spare...

Another HUUUUUUGE thank you to NZXT and Bill Owen of MNPCTech and all those who view this log! I'm hoping to keep the progress more constant but it is very difficult to balance school, work and all the other curveballs life seems to throw at me.