Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
yep, I've done a duct tape and cardboard boat before too
but I also loved the "super" pykrete boat they did for the alaska special
I should build a duct tape case for some old hardware Ive got laying around...just for some S&G

Have we really slide from a case to a ductape case to a pykrete boat Wow that make my day

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old March 31, 2010, 07:56 AM
HaDeS

So whats the plan with case now? I'm assuming it's completed?
Old March 31, 2010, 12:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

He's gonna hand it to me.. And I'm gonna live happily ever after !! :p
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old April 2, 2010, 08:21 AM
Allstar

lol! I tried building a case from cardboard recently and hated it. Maybe you guys should organize a "Duct Tape" case or case mod contest sometime

Just a final word about the HWC grills. We're gonna start making the pre-ordered HWC grills this weekend. So if you've been the on the fence about getting one, please order yours now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
You've still got time to pre-order the Silver version of the aluminum HWC fan grills

*** Currently Available ONLY for PRE-ORDER - Get Free Shipping On All Pre-Ordered Fan Grills***

Silver Aluminum
Anodized Black Aluminum

We have added the Hardware Canucks Fan Grills custom designed by MNPCTECH.com to the HWC Store!

Get a one of a kind uniquely designed aluminum fan grill that shows your support for your favorite tech community and add a splash of flair to your tower!

Grills are available in both 120MM and 140MM sizes and come in a aluminum silver or get it anodized black for only $5 more!

Expected shipping date is end of April 2010 (subject to change).

Here is one mounted the 120mm Silver version on the rear exhaust fan

Old April 2, 2010, 09:20 AM
Banned

PRICE FOR CORSAIR CASE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only asked you three times now! LOL!!!!!!!
Old April 2, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
PRICE FOR CORSAIR CASE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only asked you three times now! LOL!!!!!!!
I doubt he'll be able to tell you considering he probably signed a nda with whoever paid them to do it.
Maybe in a PM you can get a quote?

My Rig: Motivation 2.0
----------------
Build log - Motivation: Sponsored by Galaxy and Corsair
---------------
Check out the HardwareCanucks Youtube Channel for News/Reviews and more!
Instagram Twitter
Old April 2, 2010, 12:11 PM
Banned

Good idea.
Old April 7, 2010, 03:09 PM
Banned

So this is done? no more updates?
Old April 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this is not a commissioned case i think he was doing this for hwc/ncix. send off and email to mnpctech.
Old April 12, 2010, 03:27 PM
Allstar

Here is everything you've wanted to know about Mnpctech and our custom paint finishes.

We use "House of Kolor" & "PPG" automotive paints.

All custom work is on pre-pay basis in full amount only, including return shipping costs. All payments are made through Paypal. Return shipping cost (insured) will be determined after we're given your zipcode, weight and dimensions of the carton for the case or dismantled parts. Current turnaround is 3 - 4 weeks after receiving parts for paint.

Custom paint work like flames or airbrushed designs are in addition to the SINGLE color price options listed below. Without receiving any design, sketch or linked reference for artwork, we cannot quote cost for custom paint work.

$1000 for single color interior and exterior, includes dismantle and re-assemble case.
$750 for single color exterior only, includes dismantle and re-assemble case.
$500 for single color interior only, includes dismantle and re-assemble case.

You can save on expenses when you dismantle the case or chassis and ship these parts seperately for paint. You re-assemble parts after they return painted.

In regards to the Corsair 800D specifically, many of the plastic parts are brittle and break easily when removing! In particular, the Black release button pegs for the side panels, the hinge pegs for the front HD bay door. The Tool-less Optical drive bay sliding lock mechanisms cannot be removed from the chassis without breaking them off. They will either have to be painted over OR masked off, either way, a portion of the bay will be left unpainted and have to be done by hand later, which won't be an exact match to the overall finish, especially is we're applying a metallic paint.

You are removing all rivets, screws, plastic parts, rubber inserts, leds, hot swap circuit boards, case badges, switches, feet, sound dampening material, adhesive stickers or rubberized strips. Anything that is either glued or screwed onto the case or chassis. Mnpctech assumes no liability for damage or replacement of if these parts are not removed. Mnpctech reserves the right to charge additional fee for removal of these listed parts or any add-ons before performing paint application.

$650 for single color exterior only (you dismantle everything) you ship exterior parts separately for paint, you assemble painted case parts.
$400 for single color interior only (you dismantle everything) we paint motherboard tray, backboard, mid-section floor and 5.25 & 3.5 bays. this does not include top and bottom panels.

I never had time to try the lighting, sorry! Here is some photos I took before the case shipped. I recorded HD video as well. Will update as soon as I can get to it.

Tags
bill owen , canadian case mod , corsair obsidian case mod , custom case , mnpctech