Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2010, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess I'm too crude for the forums now :P

Here I'll give you my vanilla, watered down.. not really true to my personality response: "Those fan grills are really nice"
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 25, 2010, 04:44 PM
HaDeS

lol encorp
Old March 25, 2010, 04:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

fan grills are wicked the black is down right great, but I too am not a big fan of the white i see why bill did it. just not my cup of tea is all. still waiting to see the whole thing together i have a feeling that teh white only looks that predominate from the pics cause all you see is the panel not the whole case. jmo.
and thank again bill for giving us the time and effort all your cases are a works of art. oh and thanks for all the vids teaching me how to paint cases.
Old March 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
Indeed. I love seeing the grain in the anodized aluminum.

We're gonna experiment tonight with some different vinyl films for the logo. First we'll try the Gun Metal Carbon Fiber to create the dark grey "HARDWARE" text

Carbon Fiber Sheets

Do you know the brand of this stuff? I know 3m makes a great one but its really $$$

Oh and great song in that video

Last edited by enaberif; March 25, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old March 25, 2010, 07:54 PM
MVP

Glad I got my fan grills ordered, that black looks sweeeet . Just awesome workmanship Bill.

encorp : quite with the vanilla,no more vanilla . u be u screw the PC pundits
Old March 26, 2010, 04:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDeS View Post
You guys are amazing... it's a theme case based around canadians and hardware canucks.
Digikid: if you paint the screws they will chip either when you install them or when you try to remove them AND the hexdriver wouldn't fit correctly... therefore you could never get those things tightend down correctly without ruining the paint on your beloved screws. It's like 90 percent of the cases with windows they all have silver colored rivets or screws.

It's mind boggling to me that people here still find a reason to complain when there is maybe 2 people on this entire forum that have the resources and tools to even BUILD something like this on their own. I don't know bill from a hole in the ground but some of your posts are not only childish but unthoughtful. It's his time and his money... remember that.

Oh! Keep up the great work Bill I really like how its turning out.
You got it wrong. It was a SUGGESTION....not a complaint at all.
Old March 26, 2010, 03:01 PM
Allstar

Thanks for staying tuned and posting your comments guys!

Ok, that first logo belonged on a WONDER Bread bag...Ick! We were about to redo it with carbon fiber film logo, but recalled we had bought frosted vinyl for another project window. This is the film resellers use for Window Appliques that look laser etched. Much better looking now

btw: All of the fasteners I've installed are stainless steel socket head screws.

Last edited by Mnpctech; March 26, 2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old March 26, 2010, 11:09 PM
MVP

little bit of a defect in that first a, but it looks awesome still
Old March 27, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh my that looks yummy. I personally love the white on the side panel. The people that don't must just not have any taste. Can't wait to win this thing in the next folding contest ;) haha...
Old March 27, 2010, 06:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Love it, but I thought you said that it was going to be the same as the HWC logo? Wouldnt that mean Grey AND red, not just mono-grey?

Tags
bill owen , canadian case mod , corsair obsidian case mod , custom case , mnpctech