Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2010, 12:01 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
yes.. it's a terrible joke we use here at work.
Yeah, that's pretty bad...
Old March 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
Allstar

Alrighty! Installed the window in the side panel. The window is 1/8" cast acrylic. I threaded the window for 6/32 stainless steel socket head machined screws.

Old March 24, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm, not really sure I'm feeling the window grill thingy. Great craftsmanship no doubt; I just think the white stands out a bit too much on the red.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 24, 2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Hmm.....I think that the screws should be painted as well.....just my opinion though.
Old March 24, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digikid View Post
Hmm.....I think that the screws should be painted as well.....just my opinion though.
+1 but...even with grey screw it's still the best fking mod over the world!!!!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old March 24, 2010, 05:56 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
Hmm, not really sure I'm feeling the window grill thingy. Great craftsmanship no doubt; I just think the white stands out a bit too much on the red.

I'm happy you mention it because it's 2 days I want to talk about it. it's not consistant with the rest of the great work.
Old March 24, 2010, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I'm happy you mention it because it's 2 days I want to talk about it. it's not consistant with the rest of the great work.
I can't tell from the pics, is the white also pearled like the red or is it just high gloss? That's mostly what's getting me. It looks great, and it's work I could never accomplish myself so I apologize if i am detracting, and I do appreciate the effort into a HWC case... I guess I would have just done the whole thing red...
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old March 25, 2010, 06:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I can't tell from the pics, is the white also pearled like the red or is it just high gloss? That's mostly what's getting me. It looks great, and it's work I could never accomplish myself so I apologize if i am detracting, and I do appreciate the effort into a HWC case... I guess I would have just done the whole thing red...
I think somewhere in this thread the OP said he likes high contrast colours. Although I do agree the white is a littler to high contrast maybe black would be better?
Anyway excellent work and awesome looking case.
Old March 25, 2010, 08:11 AM
HaDeS

You guys are amazing... it's a theme case based around canadians and hardware canucks.
Digikid: if you paint the screws they will chip either when you install them or when you try to remove them AND the hexdriver wouldn't fit correctly... therefore you could never get those things tightend down correctly without ruining the paint on your beloved screws. It's like 90 percent of the cases with windows they all have silver colored rivets or screws.

It's mind boggling to me that people here still find a reason to complain when there is maybe 2 people on this entire forum that have the resources and tools to even BUILD something like this on their own. I don't know bill from a hole in the ground but some of your posts are not only childish but unthoughtful. It's his time and his money... remember that.

Oh! Keep up the great work Bill I really like how its turning out.
Old March 25, 2010, 08:49 AM
MVP

Loving it, watching it on your forums too bill...seems you forgot to put the one where you put the HWC name on the window on here

Tags
bill owen , canadian case mod , corsair obsidian case mod , custom case , mnpctech