Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 3, 2010, 04:49 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The Enermax Cluster. Very nice looking,very quiet, they come already sleeved white and you can remove the fan blades for easy cleaning.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=141

Name:  3-3-2010 6-47-13 PM.png
Views: 612
Size:  231.5 KB
Old March 3, 2010, 05:36 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Damn, now that is a hot fan - If only it came in 140mm :(
Old March 3, 2010, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikemaul View Post
The Enermax Cluster. Very nice looking,very quiet, they come already sleeved white and you can remove the fan blades for easy cleaning.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=141

Attachment 9381
Wow where can I order a box of them:P but I am still thinking that there is something wrong with these fan...14DBA is near impossible.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old March 3, 2010, 06:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Wow where can I order a box of them:P but I am still thinking that there is something wrong with these fan...14DBA is near impossible.
That's the problem with sound rating on fans. There's no standard for where to measure the decibels. That measurement could be taken at 3 inches, 3 feet, or 3 blocks.
Old March 3, 2010, 06:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Most people Dislike Aerocool, but Their Streamliners are awesome Fans to behold.
Quite a few Companies don't embellish the CFM, its the DBA. But I purchased the Xiga and their performance stats were not what I expected.

Companies like Aerocool, Coolermaster, Enermax and the likes have very Solid CFM numbers (minus the original error that happened with CM R4 Fans).

Also Take into Consideration Dba is useless as a form of measurement unless in the absolute.
Fans generate different noise depending on where they are used, the restrictions in the case mountings, the materials they are mounted too, and lastly the Human Ear that has to Percieve that sound.

I only made a Comment, and I can Retract that if you like.

The build is Awesome, the Support is Awesome, its just the Fan FiXT. Sorry.

ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
I know your not knocking NCIX, but lets be honest, how many fan companies DON'T embellish their CFM and dba?

I would prefer Xigmatek over Akasa who I havn't even heard off and that is rated at 22dba with less CFM. I dislike Aerocool in general, not to mention 31dba.. x 6... :S - We could rename it the Corsair Obsidian 747

I would put their quality on par with Xigmatek and the weaker paper stats don't help

I'm no huge fan of Xigmatek either (see Midgard review), but given the options I think they were the best choice. And actually I did get a chance to try these out and didn't find them half bad tbh. I can't comment directly on airflow as it would be purely subjective, but they were relatively silent and the semi clear look with the white LED looked really cool. Design over function my good man, design over function.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 3, 2010, 07:59 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Quite a few Companies don't embellish the CFM, its the DBA.
Actually, most companies exaggerate on both counts.
Old March 3, 2010, 08:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Actually, most companies exaggerate on both counts.
I disagree. Though my baseline and Budget Couldn't include all companies. When I had my Fluke CFM Meter with adaptors, I found that most Fans were within the +/- 10% when it came to that rating. And before you ask this was actually made for these types of Fans (Same size, just 24V Variety found on ICPMS, GC, MS etc etc).

When I have the coin, I will be purchasing a personal one that does not only CFM but Static Pressure as well with a mounting Bench. So that can be proven or disproven easily.

Anywho, I appoligize Mate for Threadcrapping in your Worklog. I should know better, and it won't be happening again. I appriciate what you are doing here.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 3, 2010, 08:37 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
They are very quiet. I own one but don't have it in a case anymore because I switched to the blue Enermax Appollish fans. The downside to these fans is that they don't come sleeved.

Name:  3-3-2010 10-36-06 PM.png
Views: 564
Size:  338.9 KB
Old March 4, 2010, 07:07 AM
Rookie

I second the Apollish fans, got two on my Hyper 212+, makes it looks stunning.

They also have it in white/chrome: ENERMAX - Product

Also these things are dead silent cant even hear them in my rig
Old March 4, 2010, 10:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Got one of those enermax clusters but I've burned out two (I have no idea how...)and they're pretty darn expensive. However, they're pretty darn quiet, almost as good as my S-Flex E. However, they need a bit more than 5v to start up.

Tags
bill owen , canadian case mod , corsair obsidian case mod , custom case , mnpctech