Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 27, 2010, 05:08 AM
Allstar

The grills are sold. Awesome!

Thanks for the comments too
Old March 3, 2010, 11:14 AM
Allstar

Thank you to NCIX.com! for sponsoring this Hardware Canucks build with Xigmatek XLF-F1455 140mm cooling fans The 1455 fan is 1000 RPM, 63.5 CFM @ 16 dBA

Old March 3, 2010, 11:42 AM
MVP

nice looking fans
got any ideas for what you're going to do in terms of sleeving? (I personally think a tight weave white would work, and tie in the Canadian flag)
too bad the only white PCB boards I've ever seen were the one line of S939 sapphire boards (I think?)
Old March 3, 2010, 01:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nice fans
Old March 3, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow...nice looking fans. This is gonna be one amazing build! I'm thinking I'll have to grab some of those!
Old March 3, 2010, 02:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

*Sigh* Awesome Case mate, but those Fans Are not the best Pick of the lot . They are quiet, but I highly doubt they push 66...more like 36. After all, I've purchased them in hopes for the same

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 3, 2010, 02:35 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
*Sigh* Awesome Case mate, but those Fans Are not the best Pick of the lot . They are quiet, but I highly doubt they push 66...more like 36. After all, I've purchased them in hopes for the same

ST

Know any other white LED fans?
Old March 3, 2010, 03:10 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
aerocool and akasa?
Old March 3, 2010, 03:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Wasn't knocking the support from NCIX just so we are Clear FIXT. Was rather stating my disappointment in Xiga's Fan.

Aerocool Silver Lightning Silent White 140mm LED Fan - Sleeved Products Model: AC-SL140 [AC-SL140] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Aerocool Streamliner 140mm LED Case Fan - Silver Frame Silver blades - Sleeved Products Model: STREAMLINER-SV [STREAMLINER-SV] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Akasa 14cm Ultra Quiet White LED Fan Products Model: AK-195WH [AK-195WH] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Just a thought at least.
The Xigas are awesome for a Silent Build.
I just found my personal Experience with performance and Design to be lacking.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 3, 2010, 05:37 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

I know your not knocking NCIX, but lets be honest, how many fan companies DON'T embellish their CFM and dba?

I would prefer Xigmatek over Akasa who I havn't even heard off and that is rated at 22dba with less CFM. I dislike Aerocool in general, not to mention 31dba.. x 6... :S - We could rename it the Corsair Obsidian 747

I would put their quality on par with Xigmatek and the weaker paper stats don't help

I'm no huge fan of Xigmatek either (see Midgard review), but given the options I think they were the best choice. And actually I did get a chance to try these out and didn't find them half bad tbh. I can't comment directly on airflow as it would be purely subjective, but they were relatively silent and the semi clear look with the white LED looked really cool. Design over function my good man, design over function.

Last edited by FiXT; March 3, 2010 at 05:49 PM.

Tags
bill owen , canadian case mod , corsair obsidian case mod , custom case , mnpctech