Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 9, 2012, 05:03 PM
Rookie

sick mod broham, i have one of these, working & attached to my tv, i was wondering where you ordered your db9>usb controller adapter, i have the larger genisis game pad w? rapid fire & joy stick & a,b,c, i wated to use this with my mame?emulator cabnet project, i think the controller would work for most of them, but im trying to get/make a collection of addapter dongles for every controller interface, & have then interchangeably programmable.

i saw wondering if of your mod project if you may of come across a schmatic of the wireing diagram for the saga controller pin out to usb

(ill post in the right section after i post this)

{edit}

i found what i was looking for, heres the link [ msarnoff.org - USB Adapter for Sega Genesis Controller ] it may help you, i could better explane the shesmatic if you dnt know , but im going to make one for my emulator, but you, you should make one & mod it to your beast of a mashine, front port, then where the plans say to make a usb out, make that the mobo connecton, & of course if you dnt already have one, get a genisis emulator & roms so it still functions for its origonal purpous lol, & get the rom for the cartridge, (or rip the rom off it, if you still have the circuit bord) that way , in full screen & a controller, if you fold ur antena , youd hella be able to dupe some one, mashin on an old game, then skyp chimes in while your buddys there, & hit esc on ur wireless kyb/mouce & watch there jaw drop lol

Last edited by htsauce; August 9, 2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old August 9, 2012, 06:01 PM
Rookie

hey i found what i was looking for,
msarnoff.org - USB Adapter for Sega Genesis Controller
Old September 4, 2012, 06:34 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

That brings back some memories, that as my very first console.

Hmm...I think I just realized this thread is 2 years old, too bad there weren't any more finished pictures :(
Old September 4, 2012, 10:28 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I never really finished it as in the end my approach wasn't the best. I still have the adapters and a shell Sega Genesis sitting around (another one) so I could do it again, more so would be if I ever had the interest to do it again.
Old September 4, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1) This would be an excellent project to see finished!

2) What is with the huge number of revived threads lately? Seems to be something going around...
Old September 4, 2012, 04:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hope leaving this here gets the ball rolling again...
Old September 4, 2012, 06:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's not the first time, I guess people were surprised/interested at the Sega Genesis mod rather then the standard NES one.

And that one makes the mod a little too easy, all that extra space