Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16, 2010, 02:55 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ppl have too much monies, hook me up lol
Old February 16, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Hmmm...what are you planning with those hammond boxes? Methinks a hdd enclosure from the likes of spcr but I might be wrong...
Nope, they will not be used for an HDD enclosure. I am thinking it would look good, but it would probably heat up like an oven.

They are simply screwed into the bottom of the case, and are the perfect hight to lift the radiators up by

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpack View Post
ppl have too much monies, hook me up lol
Im a 17 year old student with a part time job No way do I have too much money - just no bills or house/ vehicle payments to do yet
Old February 18, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Put in the order with NCIX for my 240 radiator and my 5870 water block last night. Once those arive I will be taking the case apart again, mount the Hammond Boxes, flush out the radiators like crazy, and mount them up. I cant wait!
Old February 24, 2010, 10:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

Rad and block are here
Old February 28, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Getting Closer!

FedEx came today, but no one was home and because they value of the item(s) was above $100, they cant just leave it between the screen door, and the door like they normally do - I find it weird how they do this, but yet they can't be responsible for "lost or stolen" items...

Anyways, down the the dirty work. I ripped my 5870 apart and cleaned every part of it with Arctic Cleaning two step solution that will come in contact with the water block.

This is my ASUS 5870 card. I like the carbon-fibre look to it - personally I like it more than having picture on the card. i.e XFX, sapphire, etc.

Lets get right down to business. I'm sure no one cares enough about me open my box and showing everyone the air-bags that are provided - though those are my favorite part!

Apparantly EK decided to up their packaging. Looks really nice in my opinion.

Yet they still do black and white instructions...

Back on topic though. The EK boxing is great! The first thing one will see when opening this box is two spacers, two stop plugs, the thermal pads, two o-rings for the spacers, the screws, and screw spacers, ad the instructions. No actual block yet...

... that is untill you open the second half (I guess that is the best way to explaine it) and remove the first piece of faom:

Now for the Feser rad. I have a few picture of the packaging, but I wont post those unless asked. I must say though, Feser does a great job packing there stuff, and there is a lot of stuff in the box.

As for the status of the build right now: well, it's nearing the end, kinda. I need more sleeving and some more parts but I am needing to make more money. Just got accepted into post secondary, and will need to be saving money for it (less of a student loan I need, the better!)

Here are the sleeved rear 92mm fans. Yes, two different sized fan screws where used.

The HK3.0

And where I end it for now:

Charles just sent me a Serpentine top grill so I can mount my motherboard tray - Revearsing the motherboard causes allignment issues with the top grill/fans.

Oh incase you live under a rock, here is what a "serpentine top grill" looks like
Old February 28, 2010, 09:27 PM
MVP

My System Specs

What is this serpentine thing, I have never heard of it lol.. Builds looking good.
Old March 1, 2010, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokeR View Post
What is this serpentine thing, I have never heard of it lol.. Builds looking good.
It's a product by Charles Harwood, the creator of MurderMod and MurderBox - look those up right now if you havn't The grill itself is simply a "ventilated top piece" that also provides "eye candy" or "sex appeal" if your a person who calls computer stuff "sexy time-to-time.
Old March 6, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Well, the update I put up the other day was already about a week behind schedual. Todays update is right on time, I finished doing some work last night - Im really liking the look of this in my opinion.
I did buy a Serpentine Top Grill from Charles for a few reasons. 1) When you put the TJ07 in reverse ATX form, you will need to cut the metal mesh at the top, and by doing so, you cannot use the fans. I thought "If I ever part with this machine, and the person wants to air cool, I should keep the fan-holder. And 2) It allows for a good view of my videocard water block: which you will see in the pictures.

I am thinking of using some red coolant because I think it will really add effect to the glowing red "E" logo that EVGA puts on almost all their boards, and it will look good when looking through the top of the grill, as it flows through the block - but its dye: We will see.

::OFF TOPIC::

This is my working space It's scary to think that A LOT (really, A LOT) of this stuff has been sold, or has been sent to storage... I finally have my bedroom back lol!

::ON TOPIC::

Anyways, lets get on with this build:

This is the top before the serpentine grill went on. Im sure everyone knows that this is the top and I really didnt need to say so:

::And with the grill::

::The Fans::

It's time to show everyone what fans I went with. Some of you probably remember me asking about white fans with black housing, or my question regarding painting them; I was going to paint some GT1850, but went with these instead:

::Side Panel On::

::And to End Things Off For Now::

Old April 20, 2010, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Progress is being made. My template arived and I just need to make some cuts in it and send it back to Germany. Shouldnt be to long now. I got my Hammond boxes and rads mounted and am quite happy with how it is turning out!
Old April 27, 2010, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

..::Update::..

It's been some time since I last updated this log, as not much has happened. I have yet to post the window-mod so Ill start with that. When doing a reverse/upside-down ATX mod on the TJ07, you need to buy the model without a window, and make your own, as you switch the motherboard tray from the right side, to the left side and upside down. I also decided to make the window more semetricle, and align with the bottom grill. I personally think that it looks better. A stock TJ07 window, only goes about 3/4 of what is shown here.

My window mod:

With the case partially assembled. I still need to mount one more fan at the bottom, to keep up with the semetricle look.

Some of you may know what this is and if you do, keep quite This is pretty much the focal point in the case. This little piece of cardboard went to Germany today

A little dark in this next shot, but I need to get all the tubes running down here. Those 90* barbs are going into the BitsPower Rotaries on the other rad. I used Rotaries to make a 90* bend, as it wont restrict flow at all, as it is a nice round curve.

And to stop things for now (I know, not much of an update... more to come) here is how I leak test all my fittings for internal o-ring errors. Sometimes, the internal o-rings on the fittings fail.

Thats it for now!