Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Here is what i got with the Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz, 4GB of RAM running @ 1000Mhz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.05v

Not bad @ all but I'm looking for more, as always!

On a side note,

Update! November 06-2007

Today i went out to get my new Mouse and barbs since the keyboard wasn't with the package. It seems that those _____ have shipped my stuff from 2 different warehouse and now I'm waiting for the keyboard.

Barbs hooked onto PA120.2

Only prob with those barbs is that the ID is smaller... The barbs are basically built (Apparently) for 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Tubing... But it'll be good for my Tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing if i make sure that it's well clamped...
• - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
• - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
• - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
• - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old November 8, 2007, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Update! November 08-2007

Well, things have a bit changed in here. I have ordered 17ft of Tygon 7/16" ID 5/8" OD R-3603 Tubing because i have decided to use smaller tubing instead of that thick 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tygon i have home. Yes ppls, that will make close to 60ft of freaking Tubing I'll have home... :D

I also order one of those Nozzles accelerator kit for my FuZion. All from Jab-Tech :) Love Jab-Tech...

So as soon as my new QX6800ES G0 (Hint hint :D WR 3Dmark06 CPU Score=8146 for Quadcore. QX6800 @ 5.15Ghz - XtremeSystems Forums) arrives, i will loop everything together! This Project has been waiting way too long now...

So thats about it ppls!

On a side note, here are 2 pics of what my current set-up looks like :

Still, quite impressive IMO!

PS: Sorry for all the updates in one shot but i am kinda late updating my worklog here, sorry guys heh!
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old December 4, 2007, 06:32 PM
MVP

My System Specs

thats awesome i just want to make clear, are u testing on that rack then when its done its going in your ufo?
Old December 4, 2007, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd like to know what's happening with that new CPU, too- where art thou, Patriote?
Old December 13, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hey Ppls! Sorry i haven't been around here for a while. Been busy a lot with my new flame. I am in love guys, and it's changing my whole life. I see thing differently, i do things differently and i think differently as well and that, i love it. I have never been that happy and thankful in my whole life. Really... I couldn't ask for anything else\better!

I am updating the thread with all updates and all. So here we go!
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old December 13, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

Update! November 13-2007

Just received that Keyboard! Really, it's way better than i thought it would be. Actually, it's really nice. But I'll let the pics speak :

I went out today to get 4 bottles of 4L Steam Distilled water!

I'm waiting on my D-Tek Nozzles and 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Tygon Tubing to start plumbing all. It should be here tomorrow. My QX6800ES G0 should also be here tomorrow! :D

I decided to loop the CPU loop with Tygon 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing and the GPU loop with 7/16" ID 5/8" OD Tygon tubing. Blue for the CPU loop (Ek 150 Rev.2 Res) and Green for CPU loop (Performance PC's Cyclone Res). I'll use D-Tek's UV dyes. Should looks pretty cool. I have Red and Yellow dyes as well but i thought I'd go with the classic colors. And anyway, my Fans are Blue :up:

I'll post more pics as my new stuff arrives, as always ;)

Keep an eye on the thread guys as the Project is finally getting close to and end!
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old December 13, 2007, 11:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Small Update! November 14-2007

Today i received my new CPU :)

God this chip runs hot!

No sign of my Tubing and Nozzles tho. Anyway, tonight I will tear the comp apart and start cleaning the 8800GTXs, hook the blocks on them etc...

Will post more pics soon ;)
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Hall Of Fame

Time for some Update! November 20-2007

Well guys, this project has been a total nightmare since it has began weeks ago already. And it still is...

Here is what i have been working on recently. But before showing pics, heres the short version of the story. So when i decided to start looping all my stuff, i don't really why but i could of predicted something would go wrong... So i only looped the CPU\NB... Once all was cool, I powered the comp and nothing on screen nor on the leds. The leds would only show -- and no beep or anything.

So, of course, as you can imagine, i had to tear the whole comp and blocks etc... Apart and hook it back on my bench table (On air) to find what the problem was. After doing all the job, i powered the comp with the stock Intel cooler and all booted fine... :mad: So i went ahead and hooked everything back into the case under watercooling and booted. Nothing would boot again... I was totally upset. The comp would boot on my bench table on air but not with my watercooling stuff in my case...

Anyway, so after working on it for hours\days i managed to fix the dman motherboard! Yes, It's now Alive! It's Alive! Using my Q6600 G0 and both 8800GTXs (Stock coolers) and 4GB of ram, all is now fine.

Now heres the pics of my journey (Which is not completed @ all :rolleyes: )

Received 2 packs of Nozzles for my FuZion (One for me and 1 for my great freind Tortletrax :)) + some Tygon Tubing.

Nozzle Installed.

Preparing the case.

Removed Stock NB\SB heatsinks. OMFG, what a mess of coumpound!

The freaking NB is literally floating in compound Lol!

All cleaned.

Hooked some Neopropen around the NB core to prevent damage... And Enzotech SB low-profile heatsink hooked on SB.

Preparing my Thermalright back-plate with some Neopropen.

Done and hooked!

MCW30 hooked on NB and Thin (Or thick should i say :p:) line of MX-2 applied on CPU.

Backplate doing it job pretty damn well!

All blocks hooked!

Mobo hooked onto U2-UFO mobo tray and a nice CPU-out to NB-in bend using 625 smartcoils on 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Tygon Tubing :D

Hooked HDDs, Pump, PSU etc..

All looped up!

Filling and Bleeding.

Now remember i said the comp would not boot...? I took it apart, hooked it on my Bench table, all working on my bench table so hooked everything back into the case with watercooling and it still wasn't working. After hours\days, i managed to fix the comp and here is what it looks like ATM!

Not bad @ all but it won't be like that for too long...

Now what i am planning to do in the next few days is to first, build another computer using my good'ol P5B Deluxe\E6600\7800GTX right on my Bench table. This comp will be my 24/7 Crunching rig since my AMD set-up died :( During my journey, one night i came back from work and noticed my Cruncher was shut off. Power was on and all...But comp would not boot. After working a bit on the comp, i found out that the mobo is DEAD! One more piece of hardware to add the pile of dead hardware i have. :mad:

Anyway, so yeah, build that other comp with the E6600 but first i will test that QX6800ES. I am currently running my Q6600 G0 (That OCs like sh*t) on my main rig because the damn QX6800ES was acting extremely weird. Comp would shut off in random times etc.. So i went ahead and replaced it with my Q6600 G0 until i can investigate a bit more on what is wrong with that QX6800ES.

So, build that new rig, test the QX6800ES and see if it's all right (If not send it back and get a refund from Mr. Wang...) and then I will start working\finish my main rig!

My future plans for my main rig are to watercool the GPUs. But while I'm @ it, i decided to re-loop the CPU loop and include the SB in the loop since the Pure copper SB heatsink you could see on the pics isn't doing it's job @ all. Temps goes in the 70c on the MCP if i don't hook that 80mm fan between the 2 GTXs ... With the 80mm fan, i get around 55c or so. Still, pretty damn hot. It needs watercooling. So i went ahead and again spent more money... I Ordered another MCW30.

I will post more pics as the job gets done. Looping CPU\NB\SB and looping the 2 GPUs. Should be done and working all fine in the next week, hopefully...
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Hall Of Fame

Update! November 24-07

All right ppls! I did quite a lot of job recently and still, i need to do some more this week-end as I'm off and i received my second MCW30 for my SB!

I'll let the pics talk by themself!

So i wanted to test that new QX6800ES on my P5B Deluxe before i hook it under watercooling just to make sure that all was working fine with it since it was acting extremely weird when i had hooked it under water on my EVGA 680I A1. So i began to work on building my second rig on my Bench table!

Working on doing my little Back-plate (Again) for my Tuniq Tower.

P5B Deluxe being prepared (With QX6800ES G0 hooked).

Pretty much one of the best looking i did :D

Almost completed!

Completed! (Ram remaining of be taken from my main rig. Now will have 2GB in each comp instead of 4GB for main comp. Might buy a cheap 2GB kit for that second rig tho.

Stuff that arrived yesterday :D

All right so here is a quick result for that QX6800ES G0 on my Bench table with the Tuniq and P5B deluxe.

(That's 3.4Ghz with 1.320v and temps are 70c\70c\63c\63c. Stable over 8hours of Prime95. Ram running @ 425Mhz 5-5-5-15 2T 2.0v)

Not bad @ all but look @ the temps! :eek: Thats on air tho. And I might be able to do higher with 1.320v! I basically just set that voltage and bumped the FSB.

Now, just an hour ago, i hooked that QX6800ES in my main rig under H20 :) All powered fine and no auto shut down like it used to do last week.

Here are the IDLE temps :eek:

Pretty much a good difference over the Tuniq :p: I was getting 45c IDLE with the Tuniq.

All right so i have my whole week end off and i received my stuff from NCIX.com! One day of shipping :eek: Pretty Darn fast eh! I'm ready to rebuilt my CPU\NB\SB loop from scratch!

Will post Update as more work is completed! Keep an eye on the thread guys! One of the best looking rig is to be completed soon! :D
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old December 13, 2007, 11:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

Small Update! November 24-07

Haha You have no idea m8!

Guys, I'm freaking stunned! Check this out!

LOAD!

IDLE after LOAD!

IDLE after a few more mins!

Thats with my window open tho but still! Those are major kick-ass temps compared to 1.32v and that Tuniq Tower ROFL!

Now I'm wondering if i should try and reach the max i can before looping everything to new with SB included :p: Will post more update!
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14