Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2009, 01:21 PM
HaDeS

Default Cosmos Water

Welp another cosmos S water build comin at ya. I know there are gonna be a few comments regarding how I did this but in the end it is an experiment of sorts. The ram may or may not remain water cooled I haven't decided yet as I haven't tried any extreme OCing yet. I spent nearly 12 straight hours doing this in limited space but for the most part the build is clean.

I'll start with a picture of the old setup.

1st and most important to me is the custom cpu WB bracket made by braineater. The same fella doing the thinktank 2. He also made me a custom nb cooler until it is addressed. The xigmatek NB cooler was nearly 3 hours of wasted time... I'll never recommend that thing to anyone including my worst enemy. Ross also helped with some custom wiring and a few other things. I couldn't have done this without his help so Thanks dude!

Pics:

I had no choice with the aluminum duct tape as I'm out of time and must continue my vacation. Unfortunately this rad doesn't fit right behind the HDD tray so I Cannot line it up with the fan holes. I'm hoping for a few suggestions regarding that but like I say the ram cooling may be short lived as it really makes a mess of it in the case. The dual loop was required because the ram sinks are aluminum.

Thanks to Kruzinforever (bunch of water cooling gear etc), Lima (nb cooler sorry dude didn't work), Lamb (fan controller enroute), Paul88 (fittings),Bobbylou (short notice Cosmos S) and of course Braineater once again was a huge help!

Being able to test the loops for leaks OUT of the case was awesome. Computer modding glory in this guys basment/garage!

Last edited by HaDeS; March 16, 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old December 30, 2009, 05:59 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hehe....you are very welcome sir.

Yesterday was a long day forsure , lotta machining and whatnot...In the end tho, we both got our projects finished....Good work bud.

-----

I like the 'mottled' look of the block bracket , but those curves piss me off.....I really need an air grinder....ah well , next time.

----

I've got a couple idea's for the ram loop...

Old December 30, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Braineater what's your address lol.. Incoming :p

I thought you lived just outside Calgary..

But hey nice work on the backplate, I too like it's look.. And the loop looks fine hades, just same cable management.. is that an IDE cable I see.. what man :p..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old December 30, 2009, 08:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for the sale Hades! Looks great.
Old December 30, 2009, 09:15 PM
HaDeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
Braineater what's your address lol.. Incoming :p

I thought you lived just outside Calgary..

But hey nice work on the backplate, I too like it's look.. And the loop looks fine hades, just same cable management.. is that an IDE cable I see.. what man :p..
I'm outta sata ports dude.