Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2010, 01:45 AM
HaDeS

That's not entirely true.. the Thermaltake Eureka home server case (150 bux or so) will support that board no problem. I 'had' 6 inches behind the video cards with a normal full sized mobo installed.

Thermaltake Eureka Aluminum Case: Introduction - Techgage
Old February 8, 2010, 05:30 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDeS View Post
That's not entirely true.. the Thermaltake Eureka home server case (150 bux or so) will support that board no problem. I 'had' 6 inches behind the video cards with a normal full sized mobo installed.

Thermaltake Eureka Aluminum Case: Introduction - Techgage
Sorry friend, I think you're thinking of SSI CEB, which does fit in the case as you can see here : Techgage Image - Thermaltake Eureka

However, these motherboards are SSI MEB, and are a full 4 inches taller Above the IO panel. As you can see from above image, there is no space about the IO panel because the PSU resides there. Nice try though! And a good find for all the e-atx/ceb users out there.
Old February 8, 2010, 07:00 AM
Banned
F@H

here we go

I have this case, collecting dust under my bench in my garage, I take all the measurement, and the board of CM and DT fit right inside. I don't think I will ever do a such project So if someone need it for build a quad core I will more than happy to give it to him. Anyway he will finish with more dust. And for the interested one. you can fit 5 or 6 4x120 rad in the drive section, the case is split in half in the middle. And have a look at the kind of PSU ( not include ) you can throw at the bottom , the mother tray is fully removable, you just turn the handle 90 degree and pull it , quite useful. You can pass on with car on the motherboard tray. As server case it's a dinosaur, so it ill fit well with you CM

This case is very strong how many time I climb on it to reach thing on higher shelf, and I'm not quite a light weight guy , but it's at a cost. if you not MarkOne , you need 2 guy to put it on the bench full loaded

Old February 8, 2010, 10:36 AM
HaDeS

Ah right... i was wondering after I posted that if it would fit. It is a monster isn't it! It's a big bloody case though with a bit of modding it might fit?
Old February 9, 2010, 07:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaDeS View Post
with a bit of modding it might fit?
You're probably right on that one. My guess is that most EATX cases with a top-mounted PSU tray could be modded to accommodate a SSI-MEB mobo by transplanting the PSU into the 5 1/4 IN bays.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old February 9, 2010, 12:41 PM
HaDeS

I can tell you... there is a TON of room up there. With out a rom drive in there you could possibly get 2-3 PSU's back to back in there. Where do you live I have one collecting dust here at the moment.
Old February 9, 2010, 11:37 PM
MVP

is that an old P4P800?
Old February 10, 2010, 04:03 AM
Banned
F@H

ya with a P4 EE under the fan
Old February 10, 2010, 08:43 AM
MVP

nice...one of the 3.0GHz ones? or one of the speedier puppies? but...that case doesnt seem to be THAT big, it doesn't dwarf the motherboard
Old February 10, 2010, 08:50 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
ya with a P4 EE under the fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
nice...one of the 3.0GHz ones? or one of the speedier puppies? but...that case doesnt seem to be THAT big, it doesn't dwarf the motherboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
is that an old P4P800?
How about going back OT? Surely you can talk about overpriced outdated processors in PM.

This is a build log.