Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 01:12 AM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
Default 1st detailed pictures of Intel H57 based Asus P7H57D-V EVO



Asus P7H57D-V EVO | TeknoFrikik.com
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 07:38 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,452

My System Specs

Default

lol@vga connector

Seriously. Next you'll tell me this thing has an IDE/Floppy connector!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 07:41 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default


It doesn't look like it
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 07:44 AM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,991

My System Specs

Default

Well... I see an IDE there, lol.

Also, those heatsinks look like Superman's Fortress of Solitude... LOL
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 07:58 AM
Sagath's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Petawawa, ON
Posts: 2,452

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
It doesn't look like it
Dont lie to me! Seriously tho. Why do they make a bleeding edge motherboard with (presumably) SATA3, USB3 and then put a goddamn IDE connector on it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
AKG shot the hamsters, and then Perineum drove his Mustang with summer tires into the server.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 08:03 AM
Polygon's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Vancouver
Posts: 957

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Dont lie to me! Seriously tho. Why do they make a bleeding edge motherboard with (presumably) SATA3, USB3 and then put a goddamn IDE connector on it?
Because some people still use it? I still have a IDE DVD drive... many people do.
__________________
'Do not wish for easier lives, wish to be stronger men'
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 08:04 AM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,991

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Dont lie to me! Seriously tho. Why do they make a Cutting Art, State of the Edge motherboard with (presumably) SATA3, USB3 and then put a goddamn IDE connector on it?
corrected

Legacy stuff needs to go the way of the dodo and make room for more sata ports and extra features... cmon already.
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 01:15 PM
JD's Avatar
JD JD is offline
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 6,815

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
corrected

Legacy stuff needs to go the way of the dodo and make room for more sata ports and extra features... cmon already.
Indeed, ditch the IDE and throw on 2 more SATA ports. Problem solved. If you can afford a new motherboard and CPU, you can afford a $30 SATA DVD-RW

8-pin CPU power is in a slightly odd place. Otherwise looks like a nice board, visually that is.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
CMetaphor's Avatar
Quadfather
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 4,991

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
8-pin CPU power is in a slightly odd place.
Nicely spotted, didn't notice that. The placement of that 8-pin is going to cause problems for people with tight cases and/or large tower heatsinks.

I think they also should've ditched the VGA connector and SPDIF out and stretched the mosfet heatsink to the back IO plate, always thought it was a good idea.

Color scheme... is meh too. Why can't SOMEONE just make an All-black motherboard. No one really wants attention drawn to empty ram slots or the fortress of solitude sinks when people are supposed to be looking at your graphics card / CPU HSF. lol
__________________
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ade-ideas.html
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 8,539

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post

Color scheme... is meh too. Why can't SOMEONE just make an All-black motherboard. No one really wants attention drawn to empty ram slots or the fortress of solitude sinks when people are supposed to be looking at your graphics card / CPU HSF. lol
Hey, Superman is doing his job to try to help keep 'your' motherboard cool and safe!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st detailed pictures of Intel H55 based ECS H55H-M ICEEXOL Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery 1 December 11, 2009 09:09 PM
Asus AM3 EVO Series Motherboards Review Comment Thread SKYMTL CPU's and Motherboards 10 December 11, 2009 02:55 PM
ASUS Geforce 8800GTX chip physical pictures leaked! leekobb Video Cards 2 November 16, 2006 10:57 PM