Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2009, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default [MOD-PROJECT:] CoolerMaster Wave Master

NOTE: This post was created December 10th, 09 as a work log for one generic case, and a Cooler Master 690. These cases where to be modded. However, the seller of the generic case sold it for $20 before I could pick it up - he literally sold it twenty minutes before I went to pick it up. The seller of the 690 decided he wanted to sell his PC as a whole, and not part it out. Now, instead of having this closed, I decided to convert it into something else - you know, to save space

While my main rig (see sig) is waiting for its second SSD to be replaced via RMA, I will invest some time into a case mod Ė or two.

I planned on picking up a Cooler Master 690 and a generic case and see what I can do. This would have been my second and third attempts at case modding. My first attempt was to a case that housed a Pentium II. However I didnít document my work on it, but I was able to see it locally for a fair price Anyways, both selllers backed out, so I can not get these cases anymore. I know that it was dumb of me for creating a thread before having possesion of these cases. But I bought a case this time, and should get it soon! I plan on modding a CoolerMaster Wave Master!

Last edited by AmuseMe; December 17, 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old December 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
MVP
F@H

The Depot carries metal paints, and plastics too. If you're planning on making a hobby out of this I'd consider an entry-level spray gun/compressor and experiment with automotive finishes. They are very durable and the colour choices are almost infinite.
Old December 10, 2009, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSix View Post
The Depot carries metal paints, and plastics too. If you're planning on making a hobby out of this I'd consider an entry-level spray gun/compressor and experiment with automotive finishes. They are very durable and the colour choices are almost infinite.
I do have a professional grade air-brush in the house... somewhere.
Old December 14, 2009, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

I completely took the case apart and have most of it primed and ready for a light sanding. I got a few pics today when my friend stopped by with his point-and-shoot. My camera is still getting repaired

My plan so far is to paint it a matte black with carbon fibre accents with red LEDs
Old December 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

So this is just a quick little paint sketch of what will be what color... Woo! Paint Rocks!

To the Green areas will be done in carbon fibre film. The Cyan box is obviously a window, and the Blue LEDs' you see will be Red. This whole case was sanded, primed and I am waiting for a day to paint. It will be all black with Red and carbon fibre accents.
Old December 18, 2009, 08:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
This whole case was sanded, primed and I am waiting for a day to paint.
Do you have any pics you can share with us at this point?

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old January 1, 2010, 10:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
Do you have any pics you can share with us at this point?

Sorry on the late reply. I have not done anything for a bit because the weather here isn't allowing me to paint... Ill look for some, they should be somewhere. If not Ill take new ones