Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Case Mods, Worklog & Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 3, 2009, 05:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default HAF 932 Upgrade

Hey everyone. Well, I just got my HAF 932 today so of course I got right to changing cases. About half way through removing the parts from my old case I thought to myself why not make a worklog? So here it is.This is my first major thing I have ever did so I might take a while . Pics soon to come! Ill keep you guys updated on how it goes. Hopefully I don't mess up that bad.
Old December 3, 2009, 05:47 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Are you modding it or are you just switching cases?
Old December 3, 2009, 07:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Just switching cases.
Old December 4, 2009, 04:45 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well, It's done. I think it went alright even though it took me forever I'll post some pics soon. I have a few questions though. My PSU is a Seasonic M12D 850W and my mobo is a MA770T-UD3P. This was my first time ever doing something like this so I got stumped on a few things. I plugged the ATX 12V 4Pin into the ATX_12V_2X4 Space on the MB but there's an extra 4 pins there so I was wondering why (what does an EPS12V 8P connector do? I can't find a place on my MB for it.) And also on my mobo there is SYS FAN 1, SYS FAN 2 (that's where I put the fans in) and there is PWRLED and PWRFAN. Can I plug fans into those places as well? Finally, one last thing, the POWER SW and RESET SW wires that came with the case I wasn't sure where to put them because it didn't say in the manual so I put them here and it seems to work. Well that's all. Sorry for all the questions, this was the first time I ever did something this big :O Here are some before and after pics Old Case:
HAF 932

Old December 4, 2009, 04:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Your first upgrade can be nervous.

Good job! I love the HAF too...very roomy (I have two of them)
Fold for team #54196
Old December 4, 2009, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Believe me I was. After I got the motherboard on it was a piece of cake.
Old December 4, 2009, 04:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepizza View Post
I plugged the ATX 12V 4Pin into the ATX_12V_2X4 Space on the MB but there's an extra 4 pins there so I was wondering why (what does an EPS12V 8P connector do? I can't find a place on my MB for it.)
The EPS12V connector was designed for use with servers. It isn't necessary for consumer machines, although many higher-end motherboards have them as an "overclocking" feature. If your board doesn't have it, that's not a problem. Just stick with the 4-pin P4 connector and you'll be fine.
Quote:
And also on my mobo there is SYS FAN 1, SYS FAN 2 (that's where I put the fans in) and there is PWRLED and PWRFAN. Can I plug fans into those places as well?
Yes, you can plug fans into any fan headers on the motherboard. That's what they are there for.
Quote:
Finally, one last thing, the POWER SW and RESET SW wires that came with the case I wasn't sure where to put them because it didn't say in the manual so I put them here
Your motherboard has a block of pins for the power and reset switches, power and HDD LEDs, and the case speaker. Reference the motherboard manual to find out where it is and which pins specifically need to be used for each item.
Old December 4, 2009, 05:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for that, I think I have my mobo manual somewhere
Old January 2, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default If you lost it

Go to the manufacturer site see if there is pfd. file on it and down load it to a usb stick in case of crashes.
Old January 7, 2010, 06:46 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Yes, you can plug fans into any fan headers on the motherboard. That's what they are there for.
Not to disagree with a Hall of Famer, but since you have a Gigabyte mobo be sure to check the manual on that. On my GA-MA770-UD3 one of the SYSFAN headers only supplies 5 volts. Not sure why they did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZLEE View Post
Go to the manufacturer site see if there is pfd. file on it and down load it to a usb stick in case of crashes.
This. Gigabyte puts PDF's of their manuals on their product pages, just google the model number of your mobo and look for a link to the Gigabyte website.